Toyota Nation Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
05 Tacoma Sport 4x4
1,025 Posts
Wow, glad to hear you are ok, sorry about the truck. So it was just a hard let off on the gas that sent you spinning?

Sure there wasnt any freezing on the road? It was 32 all day and rain/freezing rain here sunday. If you spend time in ski country, might want to consider snow tires on your next ride... obvoiusly they are the balls in snow, but even on wet roads in near freezing temps the rubber is much softer and grips much better than your stock tires. Good luck with FJ.

·
Three Pedals
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
HUTCHSTACo said:
glad you walked away okay... way to stay in the toyota family... i might not want another taco if i was you either... want to sell any bed cleats???
when i go to get my personal stuff out of the car, rest assured i'll be grabbing everything i can get off the truck, bed cleats included.

coloradotaco said:
did you have any sand in the back of the truck? the fact is, because of the composite bed, it's light as hell back there without sand or 15 pairs of stockli skis so im not surprised if the trooper has seen a few tacomas roll. the key is sand or some other weight.
i didn't have any sand back there...and just 1 set of skis. 4wd's better than sand any day, right? (if you use it, which i didn't)

forbye said:
all this happenned on just wet roads?? did it start sliding only cuz it was wet, tires worn?? why do you think it went out from under you??thank god youre ok
i think the wet road may have turned into an icy road wi thout my knowledge. I'm not too sure.

lotust said:
glad your ok. It kinda struck me as funny to see the OFF ROAD sticker and a wrecked tacoma. Dont get me wrong ... I hope you guys know what im trying to say. Is it irony ?
oh yeah. irony at it's finest.

everyone else said:
thanks for all the well wishing. i'll try to get the rest of the pics posted tonight when i get home.

so with the FJ cruiser, i'm currently trying to decide if the TRD special edition is worth an additonal 5 grand. No dealership will sell them for below sticker, and it's about 2Gs higher sticker than the not-TRD ones, which i can get for invoice. Should I pony up the 5Gs and get the truck that nobody will have, or settle for the generic one and save some loot?

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
MyNameIsTim said:
so with the FJ cruiser, i'm currently trying to decide if the TRD special edition is worth an additonal 5 grand. No dealership will sell them for below sticker, and it's about 2Gs higher sticker than the not-TRD ones, which i can get for invoice. Should I pony up the 5Gs and get the truck that nobody will have, or settle for the generic one and save some loot?

What all do you get for that extra 5 grand? I'm glad I went TRD and other packages with my truck. Better seats, bigger battery, bigger alternator, etc. And lots of little things that I wouldn't think about, but glad they are there now.

·
Three Pedals
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
PiercedTiger said:
What all do you get for that extra 5 grand? I'm glad I went TRD and other packages with my truck. Better seats, bigger battery, bigger alternator, etc. And lots of little things that I wouldn't think about, but glad they are there now.
you get a black roof, gunmetal wheels, intake, exhaust, suspension, pluss all the standard TRD stuff, seats, battery, altenator, badges. but mostly it looks way sweeter, and they only make 3200 of them per year.

you can't get a TRD much under sticker, where you can get the generic ones for invoice all day long.

·
need to find money tree
2005 Tacoma
1,978 Posts
MyNameIsTim said:
you get a black roof, gunmetal wheels, intake, exhaust, suspension, pluss all the standard TRD stuff, seats, battery, altenator, badges. but mostly it looks way sweeter, and they only make 3200 of them per year.

you can't get a TRD much under sticker, where you can get the generic ones for invoice all day long.
If it were me Id go non-trd and sink that 5k into aftermarket parts. Plus I like the old school white roof:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
I like the looks of the TRD one better, but like AMP2oo1 said you can probably get better after market parts if you have the extra 5grand on hand. FJ's have a LOT of aftermarket support! So much more so than the Tacoma that I'm almost jealous! :lol:

·
Master Slouch
2006 Toyota Tacoma
351 Posts
Go with the TRD if you want it. After a year of living without the stuff you wanted, the $5K (if you can spare the extra heavy change) will seem really cheap. And while I'm all for cool after-market stuff, I also appreciate having the beefier upgrades under warranty.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I think I would have to agree with getting the TRD, but not that you are a pussy. I test drove one the other day for shits and giggles and really liked it. Much nicer than the regulars and way better looking. Let see some pics when you get it. Glad you came out with all pieces intact.

Hold on, I think I saw a commercial with a taco rolling around and it came out unscratched. WTF

·
Three Pedals
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Yoda-master said:
I think I would have to agree with getting the TRD, but not that you are a pussy. I test drove one the other day for shits and giggles and really liked it. Much nicer than the regulars and way better looking. Let see some pics when you get it. Glad you came out with all pieces intact.

Hold on, I think I saw a commercial with a taco rolling around and it came out unscratched. WTF
yeah, no shit! that loch-ness monster commercial's taco hit nose first way harder than mine, and came out unscathed!

jtrovato and I have had 2 of the same cars, first i get the G35 Coupe, then he does. Then i get a Taco, then he does. Now i'm getting a FJC, and he's not going to be far behind i'm sure.

·
OBX Beach Bum
06 White Double Cab
209 Posts
Did you have VSC (Vehicle Stability Control) on your Taco? Just wondering if it might have helped or hindered in that predicament.

·
Three Pedals
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
jtrovato said:
Yeah except didn't I get the G35 first? Oh yeah, and my headlights never got stolen off of mine...
ok, i guess so. you got the G35 first.

but one thing we can definitely agree on is the fact that new jersey sucks huge balls and is filled with headlight-stealing criminals!

21 - 40 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.