Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1989 Camry
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Selling the nicer of my two gen 2 wagons, and feeling a bit sad about it...but it is to make room for a new Celica that has a 3sfe in it :)

Anyone else ever had one? I'm picking mine up Tuesday.

·
Registered
907 Posts
What you say "new" Celica with a 3S-FE, new is relevant right? I had an '88 Celica, my first car, with a 3S-FE in it. Great car, fairly easy to work on and get parts for, just like the 2nd Gen Camrys. Since they are a lot a like. Same problem with both of them is they will rust out long before they stop running.

·
Toyota Collector
12,163 Posts
Wagons are rare period in any year, at least around here. I see the Subaru wagons probably more than any other make, and some Volvo wagons. Never see a gen2 Camry wagon on the road, ever.

The only way I'd get rid of my wagon is if someone offered me an All-Trac as a trade, and even then it would be hard to let it go.

·
Toyota Collector
12,163 Posts
I saw a BMW wagon today, not sure the year but it was pretty new. Well every BMW on the road is new-ish, I think we all know why. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
Civic Hatch
2,791 Posts
lots of audi and bmw wagons here. I've seen a few road gen 2 wagons too lol

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
I have a Celica GT-S.

Never drove it an the 3S-GE ate itself. Trying to come up with a way to fix it really cheap so I can flip it (rebuilt fuel system, etc.) and get the Camry sisters running.

Hate to say it, but I may end up needing to sell the '91... Really don't want to though.

·
Registered
1989 Camry
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We have a bunch of these wagons around here. I had to wait a long time for a reasonably priced 5 speed so of course I bought the first one I saw. And of course it had to come from the east coast so it is rusty as hell. Not like all the lovely Cali native Camrys.

·
Registered
Civic Hatch
2,791 Posts
I have a Celica GT-S.

Never drove it an the 3S-GE ate itself. Trying to come up with a way to fix it really cheap so I can flip it (rebuilt fuel system, etc.) and get the Camry sisters running.

Hate to say it, but I may end up needing to sell the '91... Really don't want to though.
dude whats up with you and 3s/5s engines eating themselves? :so sad:

what happened to it?

·
Registered
1989 Camry
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well no one wants my rusty old wagon for 1500 :( and I need to get rid of it time to lower the price I guess...

I'm picking up my Celica at 9 and I have a box of parts waiting at work.

·
Registered
907 Posts
From 2000 until now I've owned 3 different 2nd gen wagons. I'm in WI so there is usually rust involved. I got lucky on the 1990 I have now, it came from NE. One small rust spot on the bottom of the driver side fender (replaced), 80k miles, $3k, one owner! I didn't even have to think about snatching that one up. I thought the price was a little high, they wouldn't budge because there were 4 other people waiting in line to buy it. Now I'm glad I bought it. The only way to keep it nice is to not drive it in winter, so that is what I'm doing. I would really like to put a 3S-GTE swap in it, looking around the Celica Clips are pricy $4k -ish.

·
Registered
1989 Camry
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Someone bought my wagon yesterday. I didn't get what I hoped but I'm glad its gone now. The Celica is loads of fun and in great condition. And the price is the best part :D

I still have a second gen 2 wagon I'm looking forward to getting back on the road.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.