Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey whats up everyone,

My pops owns a 1992 Toyota Camry LE. He drove the car back from work and the next day it just wouldnt turn on. He said it was working fine when he drove it, but now it just doesnt start. I tried helping, when i try to start it, the car cranks, but just doesn't start. I tried starting it alot but just doesnt start.

I dont know if there is any kind of electrical problems or what? I went in and took out this crappy a$$ Viper 500+ alarm that was in it. At first I was thinking maybe it had to do something with that.

I mean he said it was working great just the night before.

Can i turn some tests to see what might be wrong with it, before caughing up the money on an auto shop?

Any suggestions will help,

Thanks

MacF

·
Registered
750 Posts
It probably has to do with spark or fuel. You can start by checking any fuses that have to do with these two items. Pull a spark plug to see if there is spark. Listen to findout if the fuel pump is working when the ignition is turned on.
lol

·
Registered
28 Posts
it "cranks" as in the starter motor is working?? my girlfriend had the same problem with her civic (god i hate hondas), i switched out the plugs and used starter fluid for igition, but none was working. then check the timing and it was off, so take a look at that and hand crank it a lil.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts