Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 164 Posts

·
Sleepin zZzzzz
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got Boost?: Another 1MZ-FTE Project ('95 Camry XLE V6) (No 56K)

Toysrme and I have been working on a little project that involves a little thing called "forced induction". If all goes well it's going down next weekend, starting Friday July 6th. I won't go on and on about it right now, but here are a couple of pictures for your enjoyment. :thumbup:

Holset HY-35 Turbocharger :whatwhat:

HKS Super SQV :clap:

Update 7/1/07: More pics! :)

Perfect Power SMT-6

Water/Alcohol Injection Kit

A-Pillar Triple Gauge Pod

Oil Cooler

Oil Filter Relocation Kit

Compressor Wheel Close Up

Intercooler

Relocated Battery

·
Simpsons fan since 89'
1,618 Posts
Looking forward to seeing this up and running!! Good luck

·
Sleepin zZzzzz
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Curry said:
Looking forward to seeing this up and running!! Good luck
Venom_5 said:
lucky bastard!

hope it goes well :)
Thanks for the encouragement guys. If we run into any problems with the install Curry you might getting a phone call. :thumbup:

·
Nostalgia Member
6,609 Posts
^ yeah, everyone's leaving the world of N/A ...

i keep wishing i could do the CT26 setup, but i dont have money, experience, or patience if shit goes wrong

·
Simpsons fan since 89'
1,618 Posts
Experience... Bah... all you need to know is how to read manuals and how to bug the hell out of Tony, Toys, and Pussies. =P

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Wow strange I was reading about them turbos on mr2 v6 forums all night yesterday lol. Cool another 1mz on turbo I hope for the best for you man, lol I was hoping it was a 3vz going on turbo this time so he can do a similar write up on it when done like how curry would be doing so it makes it easier on me ohh well.

Yess more Turbo Camrys out there woo hooo was getting tired of seeing everyone leaving their camry's instead of sticking with it lol.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Wait an HY-35 I didn't see that around mr2 v6 forums I always hear about the hx-35 turbos. Is this one better for your power goals as in faster spool up times than the hx-35 turbos??

·
Sleepin zZzzzz
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
felonyr301 said:
Wait an HY-35 I didn't see that around mr2 v6 forums I always hear about the hx-35 turbos. Is this one better for your power goals as in faster spool up times than the hx-35 turbos??
Indeed it is. They used the HY's on the automatic trucks so they'd spool up quicker on a light load. Updated with new pics. :clap:

·
Banned by a newb
4,345 Posts
HY35's are 9cm turbine housings. HX35's are 12cm turbine housings. For the most part they're identical moinus the exhaust housings.

pikkas pikkas!

·
Simpsons fan since 89'
1,618 Posts
Did they include the bung for mounting the nozzle for the water injection? Or do you have another method for adding it onto the pipe?

·
Sleepin zZzzzz
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Curry said:
Did they include the bung for mounting the nozzle for the water injection? Or do you have another method for adding it onto the pipe?
It's actually not included, although they do offer it seperately. Unfortunately I didn't know that until after my order was shipped. You can still screw it directly in though, no big deal.

·
Banned by a newb
4,345 Posts
If they didn't I'll just drill a hole & install it however works best. Tapping or flanging. If I have too I'll grab a bronze-nickle filler rod and tig it :lol: they'd be funny. I'd sorta like to see someone do that lmao!!!!

·
Simpsons fan since 89'
1,618 Posts
Tap and some JB weld should hold it right?

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
wow this is going to be awesome be sure to keep us updated and if you dont mind can you give us a total cost once you get it all done

·
Simpsons fan since 89'
1,618 Posts
LOL... The only two things im doing that for is the water injection nozzle and the oil return line.

1 - 20 of 164 Posts
About this Discussion
163 Replies
43 Participants
360glitch
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing