Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah, some asshole rear ended me about 30 min. ago and then took off.

I was stopping for a light here in College Station and this guy was on my ass when the guy in front of me braked hard, so I did too and the guy behind me didn't.
He and his passenger got out and the driver was all like "man I'm gonna go to jail" and all this other shit and then offered me 100 bucks to not call the cops.
I told him that wasn't my problem and he hit me and started calling the cops while they tried to pry his bumper out from under mine.
I knew they were going to run so I got their plate and called the cops.

So now my bumper has red paint and holes and all sorts of crap on it. I think it's bent too. What really worries me is that my trailer hitch is now crooked so I'm thinking frame damage, but I didn't think he hit me that hard.

I'm fine btw.

Also, anyone coming to College Station just a warning. The cops are dicks (this is coming from a guy who respects law enforcement). He was trying to tell me that the license plate was not enough, that I had to identify the driver. I didn't even really look at the driver b/c I was looking at my car and worried about getting his plate before he took off.

Just got off the phone with the ins. company so now I have to go get an estimate.

This suxs:mad:

·
nub
313 Posts
idk how the plate number doesn't suffice...whoever owns the car is responsible for it unless someone else takes responsibility

that sucks though. good luck.

·
Registered
41 Posts
that is pretty damn lame. It doesn't make sense why they can't just check out the car that matches the license and see how messed up his front bumper is.

·
Lives For The Curves
93 Camry
1,546 Posts
Get the owner of the car to tell you who was driving it... if he refuses, tell the cops it was him that was driving.

·
Premium Member
'96 Camry XLE
11,246 Posts
Take him to small clains court and claim harrasment and some other stuff. Glad to hear you are ok though and good luck with getting the bastard to pay!

·
TN Ass Man
95 Camry SE 2-door
1,179 Posts
dude thats pretty lame, sorry :thumbdown

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sucks man.
But if the cops need more from you, I recommend checking out some of the repo guys sites online, or even check with a few in your area. They are generally straight up guys who would be more than happy to run a plate for you. And then once you have their addy... you can go to the police and tell them who you "just happened" to cross paths with, and positively identify the car and driver.
Just my .02

·
What the Pho?
2000 Solara
1,433 Posts
i remember I got hit by a person driving his friends car. Although I don't know who the guy is, they ran the plates and his insurance came up and his friend got in trouble for it... Hit and run is likea felony isn't it? And some one "is" accountable, even though u don't see the person. Someones insurance is liable. Right right?:confused:

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, my insurance company is going to put this under our un-insured motorist coverage and cut us a check once I go and get an estimate.

The ins. company ran his plate while I was on the phone with them and confirmed that that was the car that hit me, so they know who he is and where he lives.

Needless to say he's screwed now. Not only did he commit a felony in the great state of Texas, but now he has Amica after him.:lol:

Now I just need to find a good body shop around here:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
If this was in Ontario, he'd be more afriad of the insurance company than the cops. But Texas? Yow.

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,669 Posts
haha.. yeah.. he would never drive again no cheaper than $500 a month for some stupid shit like that here in Ontario. :disappoin

·
TN's Resident Car Whore!
'95 DSM Eclipse RS
5,978 Posts
That sux big time. I know how you feel since I just crashed this weekend. I think the plates should be enough. Isn't that one of the pruposes of plates? To identify vehicles.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Repo/Private Eyes/Prosses servers are like Legal Vigalanties.... they can help you out with just about anything.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: Re: Got hit and the bastard ran

BLUEMEANIE said:
Sounds like he was trying to get out of writting up a report for a hit and run :rolleyes:
He was. He made a point of asking me if I thought I really needed a report. No, I'm just going to tell my ins. company I didn't feel like getting one:rolleyes:

On a side note, when did police officers stop being physically fit. This guy was at least 300lbs. That poor Crown Vic. was leaning bad when he pulled up:lol:

·
Know God. Work Hard.
4Runner
2,194 Posts
YOU FOOL! You should have handled it outside of Insurance! Is this your first accident?! Aw man, you dont know what you have done......

Your insurance might go up. Your company will give you a hard time with EVERYTHING. And your gonna be filling out forms till next week. Have fun.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Gridlyne said:
YOU FOOL! You should have handled it outside of Insurance! Is this your first accident?! Aw man, you dont know what you have done......

Your insurance might go up. Your company will give you a hard time with EVERYTHING. And your gonna be filling out forms till next week. Have fun.
Believe me this isn't my first accident. I'm on my parents policy which covers anything humanly possible that you can insure. The adjuster who raises our rates and makes my parents go to another comapny will be fired on the spot. We give them a lot of money every year and, yes we make a lot of claims, but they are always great and our rates haven't gone up since I can remember.

btw, my insurance company was much nicer to me than the police.

I think you need to seek a different company. Not all of them are like you say.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts