Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wasn't my fault, the guy ran a red and he was drunk off of his face, but my Camry still got wrecked pretty bad in the front. The first friggin drive, was heading to the gym and was turning left the light turned yellow so i looked and nobody was close enough not to stop. I saw the light turn red so i went and he ran the red right after i braked so i didn't get much impact but the front bumper got cracked in half and the hood is in pretty bad shape. I hope i can fix it :(.

·
Premium Member
'96 Camry XLE
11,246 Posts
Sorry to hear that but at least you are ok.......The TN Camry curse continues!!!!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
That blows!:disappoin
How much will insurance take care of it? (Do you still need to pay the deductable thing?)

·
Registered
57 Posts
it should be back to normal in no time.
I'd let the insurance pay someone to do it up right. of course... you know that...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea we have to pay 500 deductable i think, the insurance guy is coming today or tomrrow to see if it's worth fixing or whether he'll give us a sum of money to buy a new car, definitly a toyota again. I barely felt when the guy hit us. I hope it fixes though its a really nice car :(

·
Zoom-Zoom
2008 Mazdaspeed 3/2012 Ford Escape
7,129 Posts
that's messed up...

what happened to the drunk guy..?

if he cant pay, bash his skull in with a wrench..

·
Registered
Camry
1,463 Posts
Dynamyk said:
Yea we have to pay 500 deductable i think, the insurance guy is coming today or tomrrow to see if it's worth fixing or whether he'll give us a sum of money to buy a new car, definitly a toyota again. I barely felt when the guy hit us. I hope it fixes though its a really nice car :(
If he ran the red, you claim it on his insurance and you don't pay a cent. You can also ask for alternate means of transportation (rental car) while this is going on. Call your insurance agent up and ask, make the insurance company do something else besides collect premiums. Only time you would pay is if that other driver was uninsured and then your company should fix your damages and then go after the driver at fault for all the other expenses.
You also have the right to refuse a shit repair job or unreasonable settlement. Don't be a victim to insurance companies, they can afford it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the advice, we still don't know if he has insurance it will all be figured out within the next few days. I really don't need a car cause I'm 17, but i don't wanta get a shitty repair job or bad pamynet if they need to scrap the car. I hope he has insurance otherwise the insurance company will probably sue him. I'll keep you guys updated, thanks for all the help this forum is great :)

·
Banning is an art.
1992 Camry V6 LE
3,267 Posts
Damn...sorry to hear that...my dad's 03 got hit from behind, and it was worse than we thought.

If it was his fault, you shouldn't have to pay any deductable. What did the police say? They were there, right? Our insurance (State Farm) just wrote us a check for $1800 to get everything repaired, no deductable at all.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The insurance guy still has to come and see the damage, I don't know if we have to pay deductable or what yet but most likely we have to. The damage is 3000 dollars from what my dad estimated, but he doesn't know too much about cars.

·
The Camburger
525 Posts
what the heck is going on here. It makes me sad to read up here like everyday almost that someones camry got wrecked or torn up ina parking lot. That guys insurance has to pay for everything and most likely Wont give you a rental anyway cuz of your age. Good luck with it all.
Glad to hear you re ok though:)

·
A Lone Wolf
98 Posts
Toysrme said:
I hope they total it.

Never fix a car when you can total it, unless it's some very rare reason.
yea serious my car never felt the same after the accident, shit sqeaks and makes noises.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Agreed, great advice here. I don't know if my dad will want to scrap it though because we will lose a lot of money if we do. Do you think i should get another Camry?

·
Banning is an art.
1992 Camry V6 LE
3,267 Posts
Dynamyk said:
The insurance guy still has to come and see the damage, I don't know if we have to pay deductable or what yet but most likely we have to. The damage is 3000 dollars from what my dad estimated, but he doesn't know too much about cars.
It should be obvious if you have to pay a deductable or not. If it's officially the other person's fault, then you don't have to pay anything. Were there cops there? Did you report it to the collision reporting centre? Did you tell your insurance that it's not your fault? You should definitely report it to the Collision Reporting Centre to ensure that the other party doesn't lie about the accident (blaming you instead).

Admiral - The insurance here in Ontario is different than your state...we have a no fault insurance system here....

·
Its still a Camry.
1991 Lexus Es250
522 Posts
What is no fault anyways? Florida is a no fault state. Im takin my Camry in tommarow to have it checked out. Now that Ive had time to collect myself...im starting to notice things that are different. My car vibrates in first gear under hard accel.

·
Car Breaker
689 Posts
Well when it comes to insurance man...

Please don't let them screw you...

I can't say that enough...

Please please please don't let them screw you...

With that said, find out exactly if this guy can cover this, no one should have to pay for someone elses drunk mistake, especially in your nice new Camry on your first drive!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ok, well i told you guys I'd give an update. The adjuster (sp?) came today and he said he'd fix it brand new and he feels for me since the guy was such an idiot. He said he has a Camry too so he'll take good care of it :) No clue if my insurance is going to go up though and that is what my parents are worried about since we just bought a new house and are low on money.

·
Sold out for a Max
1,266 Posts
You insurance should not go up. Usually you're all good if it was the other person's fault. I got lucky on my last accident becuase it was a chain reaction. I slid into someone and then someone slid into me. If someone wouldn't have hit me, I would have been screwed will all the bills. Luckily the person in front of me was already in an accident that was worse than the damage I gave them so they didn't care.

im starting to notice things that are different. My car vibrates in first gear under hard accel.
Hey. Mine does the same exact thing. PM me with details when you get a chance.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts