Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
back again? yeah, i am.
1992 Toyota Camry
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well...got my clear tails today...was lookin at em...everything was good til i noticed two cracks on each tail....has anyone with red/clear tails have this crack...here are pics of both

right...

left...

IM NOT TOO PLEASED!!!!!!!!!!

·
back again? yeah, i am.
1992 Toyota Camry
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
^edit...the cracks are near the divide of the red and clear sections...look off of the divide a litle and you will see them

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
i can't see it. I'll check my red n clears to see if i have any cracks

·
TN's furry friend
1995 Toyota Camry LE
4,472 Posts
yea alot of aftermarket parts arent the best quality made unfortunately, and when they are, it always costs an arm and a leg :disappoin

can you get a refund or something?

·
S14 Fever :D
1993 Toyota Scepter
2,456 Posts
Damn, dude that sucks, contact the company you bought them from and ask to get them exchanged for non cracked taillights

·
back again? yeah, i am.
1992 Toyota Camry
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeh...the thing was in a box filled with styrofoam nuggets and the tails were wrapped in thick-ass bubble wrap

·
Mitsubishi Diamante Owner
'03 Diamante
1,743 Posts
Sucks man. Where'd you order them? I was planning on red/clears for my 4.5 after I get my wheels.

·
The Camburger
525 Posts
hey big_p31, heres how I thought of it. when i got my red/white tails i noticed the same characteristic. i too was pissed, but then i realized its not really a crack, both have that line in the same spot and in the same patten. further more if you try to run your fingernail along it you can feel you finger elevate slightly revealing that its not a crack, but for some weird reason, its the design. why??? i dont know. what really bugged me was they dont fit right on the 3.5s. They actually reshaped the curve of the light. so they dont match the pattern of the lightss that dont light up on the trunk. I dont know how or why toyota would even think to do this. no aftermarket tails match the design of the 3.5s (atleast that i know of) but anyway, yeah its design, not a crack.

·
Rated H: Chikan Sukebe
02 Vitz
1,363 Posts
Yeah, the 3 and 3.5 Gen Cam have slightly different tails, kinda like what they did with the 4 and 4.5 Gen Cams.

There are not true aftermarket tails for the 3.5 Gen Cam... Any parts for the 3 Gen will fit the 3.5 but you may have a slight gap or irregular fitment with them.

·
back again? yeah, i am.
1992 Toyota Camry
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Admiral said:
hey big_p31, heres how I thought of it. when i got my red/white tails i noticed the same characteristic. i too was pissed, but then i realized its not really a crack, both have that line in the same spot and in the same patten. further more if you try to run your fingernail along it you can feel you finger elevate slightly revealing that its not a crack, but for some weird reason, its the design. why??? i dont know. what really bugged me was they dont fit right on the 3.5s. They actually reshaped the curve of the light. so they dont match the pattern of the lightss that dont light up on the trunk. I dont know how or why toyota would even think to do this. no aftermarket tails match the design of the 3.5s (atleast that i know of) but anyway, yeah its design, not a crack.
the "cracks" are not in the same exact spots

·
93 240sx SR Hatch
1999 Solara
6,575 Posts
yeah man on my all clear tails for my 94 camry the same cracks were present and i thought they were cracks at first too. thats three for three, id say its normal.

·
back again? yeah, i am.
1992 Toyota Camry
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
they are internal cracks...my dad reassured me that shipping had nothin to do with it..they are being shipped back tom. anyways

·
Layd Customs
94 Yota 2WD
419 Posts
bad luck on that!....but good luck getting them shipped back and replaced. :thumbup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts