Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
my name isn't really Bob
Solara
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so ya, got the solara lowered today, with eibach springs, 1.6 inches all around i beleive. havn't gotten new struts yet, soon tho

theres a few more pics at my www or here

i got the rear 3 windows tinted 20% last week also, im thinking about doing the front 2 at 35%, but i dont wanna get hassled by any police, so well see what happens

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
:thumbup: :thumbup: Looks great, I like the stock look. Not too many cars can wear it well, but the Solara does

Steve

·
Whine Connoisseur
6,573 Posts
^ agreed. We see so many done up Solara here that we neglect to appreciate it in stock form. Solaras are damn secksi!

Did you do the install yourself? If not, why didn't you wait to get struts aswell?

btw-Fresco, I think this is the first time I've seen your car :thumbup:

·
my name isn't really Bob
Solara
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^ no i didn't install them myself, i dont really have the tools, and even if i did im not very mechanical so it wouldve been a mess.

i didn't go with new struts because i dont really need them right away, but i will get them done in the next month or so.

ya just got the car about month and a half ago, and im very happy with it

·
slowamatic noob
1996 Toyota Camry
3,857 Posts
looking good my friend, that solara drop with the stock wheels = :clap:

·
TN's Resident Goddess.
2007 Camry SE
6,090 Posts
UfoZ8myCow said:
^yeah dude... never knew what you drove. i love it. black is the best solara color.
Black is soo classy...very nice! Shows a lot of imperfections though...need any tips...I got a garage full of super stuff to fix any imperfection! Hot Solara!

·
Owner of Prius V & others
00 Solara - 07 Vitz
2,054 Posts
Fresco Bob said:
with eibach springs, 1.6 inches all around i beleive.
Looks good!:thumbup:

Eibachs Pro kit for the Solara/Camry drops it 1.6 in the rear and 1.2 in the front.

·
my name isn't really Bob
Solara
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^thanks, i wasn't sure if the springs were even all around, cause the drop looks pretty even, and i seen one that wasn't and that was because the springs were even.

yes the solara makes me feel very classy, and then i put in the wood dash kit, whice made me feel even more classy:p:

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
3,192 Posts
Looks good...by the way join us at www.solaraguy.com as there is a Group Buy on right now for the tokico shocks at

http://www.zer0.info/solaraguy/viewtopic.php?t=9828

Also, not all solara owners who have dropped....have replaced their shocks. There is one dude who dropped it at 10K miles...with oem shocks..he's at 60K and nothing needs replacement. :eek:

Just make sure you get an alignment after your drop..alignments are cheaper than new tires!

·
Owner of Prius V & others
00 Solara - 07 Vitz
2,054 Posts
Fresco Bob said:
^thanks, i wasn't sure if the springs were even all around, cause the drop looks pretty even, and i seen one that wasn't and that was because the springs were even.
And if you just got them installed, well then they are still going to settle down even more . In a month or two you'll notice it.

·
Registered
363 Posts
did you happen to look at the old springs? were the original springs wider in diameter than the new ones?

·
my name isn't really Bob
Solara
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well i got the old ones in the new box in the garage right now, and i tried lookin at the springs on the car but i can't really see them that well, i can take a pic if you want

·
TN's Resident Goddess.
2007 Camry SE
6,090 Posts
Fresco Bob said:

yes the solara makes me feel very classy, and then i put in the wood dash kit, whice made me feel even more classy:p:
So classy-I might be waiting to wear my classy black coctail dress in my driveway for a ride!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts