Toyota Nation Forum banner

41 - 60 of 282 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have been thinking about rims for my SE, really do not like the dark tint of the SE v6 rims.

This is what I like to so far, kinda unique looking and think they would be great on the 2012. Check their website you can customize the wheel changing colors of the inserts, lip, studs etc.. Hypnotic Wheels http://www.hipnoticwheels.com

·
Registered
39 Posts
You guys are brutal but honestly sharing your opinion. Come spring time, I hope you will tell me if my rims are legit or not. But I will throw this out, to each his own. But a few dozen honest opinions are always good.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have been thinking about rims for my SE, really do not like the dark tint of the SE v6 rims.

This is what I like to so far, kinda unique looking and think they would be great on the 2012. Check their website you can customize the wheel changing colors of the inserts, lip, studs etc.. Hypnotic Wheels http://www.hipnoticwheels.com

don't look good to me, but it's your car. i like the oem+ look over the gaudy chrome wheels

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am looking to replace the steel wheels on the new LE with alloys but want to stay with 16" rims. The 2011 OEM included 16" alloy wheels (3 versions) but not so for 2012 as the only 16" available is now the steel+wheelcover combination. The local dealer and other sources I have explored are so far unable to tell me if the 2011 wheels are interchangeable with 2012 models. The specs (offset, lug pattern meas, etc.) appear to be identical but can anyone verify?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Here are my brand new TSW Vortex 18" X 8" Chrome Wheels that I had installed on my car at my Discount Tire in Palm Bay, Florida a couple of weeks ago. Enjoy!

Gotta love those TSW Wheels as they are the best quality I have ever purchased! :chug:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Question for you guys. What did you guys do about your TPMS sensors? Did you get new ones or just reuse the old ones on the new rims?

·
Registered
89 Posts
You reuse the sensors. There is a tool that will allow you to switch between sensors, but I will have to find it again. They have that since some people use winter wheels and summer wheels.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I reused mine. Got the job done at Sears and they "found" a broken tpms. They end up replacing it with an aftermarket one, free of charge. However, it needed to be programed to the car, which cost $45 at the dealership. Lesson learned. Should have went to the dealership for this job. Car has 1200 miles.

On a side note, some 6th gen owners just transfer all the tpms into the spare tire, allowing them to run whatever valve stems they want without having a tpms light to come on. Just a thought....

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
^ NICE! Are those Highlander wheels?
What size tires, can you go with bigger sidewalls?
Did you need to do any modifications?

·
Registered
105 Posts
The Highlander wheels look hot on your Camry!!! I always jokingly threatened a coworker that I was gonna steal those exact ones off his Highlander and put them on my old '06! Now you make me definitely want to put them on my '12! Could you please tell me where you got them... were they take-offs? Did you get a good deal?

41 - 60 of 282 Posts
About this Discussion
281 Replies
127 Participants
Bohica4U
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing