Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
2006 Lincoln Zephyr
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today I went and picked up a distributor for a 90 Camry 3sfe. This should be the one with the internal coil. We are trying to convert my new JDM 3sfe over to the old setup. I am confused now however. The only distributor cap I have is from the new JDM 3sfe with the external coil. This cap has a hole in it. I can't use this with the distributor I just bought can I? What else do Need to get? Do I have to buy a whole new Distributor cap and wires(since they are one piece on the old 3sfe?) But would this even fit properly onto my new 3sfe?

I was hoping the distributor would come with a cap similar to this pic below...

http://images.andale.com/f2/110/120...64224616281_1062891934756_distributor_001.jpg

Then I could just unplug the wires on my new engine from their cap and plug them into the new one but it looks like this is just a bare distributor and I need a cap. Obviously the external coil cap with the hole in it it not going to work correct?

Should I just return it and buy the one in the pic above(which says it is for a 1990 Toyota Camry)?

·
Banned
2006 Lincoln Zephyr
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Maybe I should just take the one from Murrays back and go get one from a Junkyard?

·
Grenaded piston
6,607 Posts
Talisman18 said:
So today I went and picked up a distributor for a 90 Camry 3sfe. This should be the one with the internal coil.

We are trying to convert my new JDM 3sfe over to the old setup. I am confused now however. The only distributor cap I have is from the new JDM 3sfe with the external coil. This cap has a hole in it. I can't use this with the distributor I just bought can I?
Does the distributor cap bolt onto the distributor that you just bought?

Also look inside the distributor cap and see if theres 2 spring loaded contacts in the middle of the cap.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts