Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
after getting in a hole this weekend i've decided to do some swaps. First off is a straight front axle. Then a bigger set of tires with more grip. Then possibly a 5.3 or 6.0 chevy with efi. I'm thinking of using chevy axle's also. Since the tires already stick out pretty far with the stock setup I believe the chevy axle's will work if I get the right backspacing on new wheels. Anybody done something like this before? Pics in the gallery. It's the green reg cab that is sunk. Can't miss it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah i can weld pretty good. Parts aren't a prob cause of the local junkyard. $ is a little tight so i'm working on a budget. Is there a sticky on here for v8 swaps? Anybody not like the swap after the fact. I've found a site that sells a unit to attach the chevy 4l60e auto trans to the stock yota transfer case. It is about $600. Will the yota case handle the v8 with around 300hp and 36" mud grips. If not i'll go with the chevy transcase. Either way I'll be at about the same price I believe.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.