Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
yota bomber
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got my exhaust today:D

i start exams on wedesday so ill be out of school by 1. i need some advice though. i was reading the instructions and realized i need jacks. now, i would just go borrow a pair from my friends dad, but i have a feeling ill be needing them more often so i want to buy my own. what do i look for. and where do i look. ... anyone wanna hook meup with links / pics??
haha thanks guys

-drew

·
yota bomber
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i walked right into that one ... didn't i

haha

·
Banned
'95 Toyota 4x4 xcab
1,110 Posts
A decent floor jack and a pair of jackstands are all you need...

Let how much you want to spend be your guide for now then save up and when you need more buy better quality.

Check out www.harborfreight.com .

·
Registered
92 Posts
Harbor Freight= best tool shop that I have ever been to. Everything is usually on sale and all at great prices.

Got my floor jack there for 30 bucks, saw it at Menards the next week for 90. Yeah, I was very pleased.

·
Official Saipan Member
Hilux
1,019 Posts
fuken peecup. pee_dick. haha same thing roger

·
Registered
1992 Toyota Pick Up
489 Posts
pee_cup said:
poo-handler
Might wanna keep that to yourself next time! ;)

We bought our 3 1/2 ton floor jack at Cummins Tools, with matching 3 1/2 jack stands. Only gripe is that the stands are rather tall for my truck. If you have a 4x4 though, they are very nice stands. Payed 80 for the jack, and like 40 for the stands. Harbor Freight is better then Cummins though.

Especially when the "mins" goes out on the Cummins Tools sign! I wouldn't be caught dead going in when it says "Cum Tools" on the front! :lol: :lol:

·
Georgian Pickup Drifter
1991 Toyota Pickup
933 Posts
I have two Goodyear Racing stands rated at 6tons each, that I got for $30. And I have a Craftsman Floor Jack that came with stands for $25. That's pretty much all you need is a floor jack and good stands. You don't neecd overkill, like I have.

·
Registered
1992 Toyota Pick Up
489 Posts
Yea, I have a local friend with 12 jack stands. I don't understand the need, but they were handy when we lowered my truck.

Mushroom Toy-

What wheels are those? *scratches head*

·
Official Saipan Member
Hilux
1,019 Posts
super JDM rally wheels. each weighs 10lbs made of top secret alloy. rumoured to be used in japanese tanks.

·
Registered
'93 2WD Pickup
574 Posts
rogerman said:
super JDM rally wheels. each weighs 10lbs made of top secret alloy. rumoured to be used in japanese tanks.
HELL YEAH I SAW THOSE ON BEST MOTORING! THEM CRAZY DUDES WAS YELLING ABOUT VTEC AND THOSE RIMS. HELLA TIGHT. :lol:

·
Georgian Pickup Drifter
1991 Toyota Pickup
933 Posts
Indeed 1986 Mitsubishi Starion Turbo wheels. Kind of reminds us of the Baby Supra wheels. :) Nice lip in front and back. Different offsets. :) Got them for $100 at my local junkyard...just need new tires before I start running them :).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts