Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here with a new to me 2012 HL Limited. Well pleased with the way it drives it so smooth and quite. Drove it back from the dealer about a 4 plus hour ride in Florida. Hadnt firgured out all the goodies yet but in due time. Love the JBL system. This doesnt have the Nav which is ok.
Me and my wife have had a mini van for the last 20 years , bought this also to tow my VW dune buggy to shows . I have a new Cargo Max trailer it only weighs 580 lbs is a 6x 13 ( tilt ). So with buggy I'll only be a little over 2K.
This HL was a one owner with a pretty good service history on CarFax, had an accident but wasn't towed and no air bags deployed. This is our 2nd Toyota, daughter has a 05 Rav 4 220 k on it, still running good she is off at college with it.
When we were in stop and go traffic trying to get home I had to brake hard several times and red lights one time I had look down at the tach to see if it was still running it just that quite. Good to be here and learn new things about the HL.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I sure hope so that RAV 4 sure has been, I just made a separate list of all the things been done to it off the Carfax just the bigger things so I can find it quicker. There was a folder in the car from the Lexus dealer where they had done a few things when it was traded in so Im going to use that folder to keep my paper work in. Need to read up on the owners manual on a few topics in due time.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea Im excited to get to drive it tomorrow going with wife out of town so she can go take a state test for her teaching, its not a long drive but will be a chance to soak it up. I did notice on test drive the steering clunk its not that bad, should have heard the salesman babble when I mentioned it to him . The rear hinges look good to. Mine was made Feb 2012.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Plenty of options for nav other than built-in. Built-in maybe more 'convenient' , but way more costly and maps are never up to date. By the time they are released they are already a year or more outdated and that cost you a couple hundred or so each time.
Garmin and other companies give free updates all the time. You would think car manufactures could too. Phone app solutions exist too for free. One called 'waze' uses other users for a network so you get real time traffic, nav and rerouting if needed.

Enjoy the HL!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts