Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Street-Cruiser
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I'm Brian and I have a '94 Corolla. I was wondering if anyone knows if it has a rev limiter, governor, or just redlines. I hit roughly 120 MPH and the engine seized, since then I have put in a tach, so I'm not sure what rpm's I was at. Before I do any engine mods, I'd like to know about the rev limiter/governor/redline. It's not that I would want to disable it or anything, just curious. Thanks! :)

Oh and by the way, I have a remote neon kit on the undercarriage as well as neons in the interior, it's sweet! I'll post pictures of it soon.:lol:

·
Street-Cruiser
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is the fuel cut electronic?

·
Street-Cruiser
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I have a video of my car "tray-sliding" with the neons turned on... Since then I've spliced my LED's into my remote kit and put a neon in the grille.

www.angelfire.com/mech/backspin88/keys2.avi

(It may take a little while to load, but it's worth it)

·
Street-Cruiser
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What's your definition of rice-a-rolla?:confused: ;)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Top speed is limited by mph through what i believe is the spd pin at your ecu, by backing that pin out you should defeat the speed limiter however you'll have a check engine light, and if its a electronic auto trans it wont shift right.

·
Guitars and Cars
2001 Corolla S
3,350 Posts
Ostornadoe said:
Well I have a video of my car "tray-sliding" with the neons turned on... Since then I've spliced my LED's into my remote kit and put a neon in the grille.

www.angelfire.com/mech/backspin88/keys2.avi

(It may take a little while to load, but it's worth it)
:wtf:

That's just stupid man.

Sorry:D

·
Street-Cruiser
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know people have their own opinions, but why in your opinion is it stupid? I assume you are talking about the neons, not the tray-sliding...

·
Guitars and Cars
2001 Corolla S
3,350 Posts
Actually the tray sliding is more stupid. (read immature)

But I wouldn't have mentioned it except that you think video taping your car tray-sliding at night with your neons on is cool...
And you have a quote from F&F in your sig....
And in your profile it says you are a "street racer"...
How old are you??

Don't take it the wrong way... but personally I think Neons are pretty dumb unless you have a done-up show car that's all about looks. But that's just my opinion, it's your car. Do what you want to/with it. I'm not here to hate on anyone. If you have any questions or problems I will do my best to help. BTW I hope you have some upgraded tires on your car because the stock ones are only rated for 112mph so you risk terminal blow-out at 120mph...

Good luck:thumbup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts