Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Silena,

I just bought the Eonon GPS box E1083 and the Camry stereo unit E1052. I've hooked the GPS box up to the stereo and when I select "GPS" it gives me a message that says no GPS software is installed. I checked that the GPS box has the SD card in it, and it looks like it has the files on it, but how can I get the E1052 unit to use the GPS maps on the SD card in the GPS box?

I also emailed this question to the support team on your website yesterday, but did not get a response.

Thank you

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Silena,

I just bought the Eonon GPS box E1083 and the Camry stereo unit E1052. I've hooked the GPS box up to the stereo and when I select "GPS" it gives me a message that says no GPS software is installed. I checked that the GPS box has the SD card in it, and it looks like it has the files on it, but how can I get the E1052 unit to use the GPS maps on the SD card in the GPS box?

I also emailed this question to the support team on your website yesterday, but did not get a response.

Thank you
Ok. I figured it out. There were no instructions that came with it, but I was able to get it working by clicking around in the files on the SD card. There was a setup .exe file you have to click the first time.

Now my only problem with this unit is that it will not take CDs or DVDs. When I try to put one in, it sucks it in like it's going to take it...it doesn't even look like it goes all the way in....and then it spits the disk back out after a few seconds.

·
Registered
86 Posts
i think i read that there's a screw which holds the mechanism in place for shipping which has to be removed. hopefully your unit isn't fully installed if this is the issue.

btw, once you sort things out if you have a minute can you post your impressions, good and bad? i'm considering the combo which you have.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i think i read that there's a screw which holds the mechanism in place for shipping which has to be removed. hopefully your unit isn't fully installed if this is the issue.

btw, once you sort things out if you have a minute can you post your impressions, good and bad? i'm considering the combo which you have.

That's what it was. I feel like an idiot. I took it out real quick and took the two shipping screws and all works great now. I'll post up a detailed review of this here in a bit.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Glad you got it working!

Is it that easy to take out "real quick"? Was the install easy enough?
Yeah. It really is that easy. Once you know what you're looking for, its just 2 screws and 4 10mm bolts to get everything out. Everything else just snaps in and out. It takes about 10 min. Max.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Hi guys sorry for the late reply! Since I have been taken a long vacation for our Chinese New Year, now I'm back again! Really miss you guys! ;)
D.J., about your disk insert problem, did you undo the 2 screws stick outside the machine. You must remove it so the disk can insert smoothly and quickly. Good luck! :chug:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi guys sorry for the late reply! Since I have been taken a long vacation for our Chinese New Year, now I'm back again! Really miss you guys! ;)
D.J., about your disk insert problem, did you undo the 2 screws stick outside the machine. You must remove it so the disk can insert smoothly and quickly. Good luck! :chug:
Yes. That's exactly what it was. It even had the tag on the screw that says you have to remove them before using. I was so excited when I got this, I just ran out and put it in the car without even looking at that. :facepalm:

I felt like an idiot when I figured it out, but oh well. live and learn. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
255 Posts
Yes. That's exactly what it was. It even had the tag on the screw that says you have to remove them before using. I was so excited when I got this, I just ran out and put it in the car without even looking at that. :facepalm:

I felt like an idiot when I figured it out, but oh well. live and learn. :thumbsup:
Haha, congrats D.J.! :chug: It’s normal that we usually turn a blind eye to something or someone important. But you're still so smart that you can learn from it! Yes it's life long learning for all of us!:thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts