Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Camry Expert/MR2 JR Xpert
MR2 & 96 V6 Cam
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fellas...well I finally got my 93 Sedan Home last night...Now I am a Double Cam Owner...(DCO) <---I like the sound of that :lol:

Its a grandma car, and its slow but it has some hidden jewels like an ABS system so that means rear rotors and Dual piston fronts I dont need to swap the E-Brakes which is a plus...and I dont really care about this car not having ABS so I am just gonna throw on the drums from my coupe...

Oh Yeah and I also has

Enough talk...Here is Cameron # 3 (Grammy Cammy)

·
Registered
994 Posts
grandma must a done a LOT or grocery shopping. also it may not have dual piston fronts if its not a v6.

still pretty clean for its mileage, except for the headlights lol =) almost opaque!

·
What Toyota?
2008 Saab 9-3
10,477 Posts
You stole my old radio! :lol: So whats the plan for her? Swipe parts, then junk it?

4-Tin?

grandma must a done a LOT or grocery shopping. also it may not have dual piston fronts if its not a v6.

still pretty clean for its mileage, except for the headlights lol =) almost opaque!
4 cylinders NEVER had ABS. It was an option on the V6 gen 3's only. Jtex, you're SURE it has ABS?

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
4-TIN = 4-T vin.

and YAY SQUISHY.

Reactions: jtex2717

·
&#25269;&#25239;&#12399;&#28961;&#39364;&#12391;&#
2002 Solara SLE V6
9,085 Posts
front dual piston calipers on a v6? i have single piston (rear discs and ABS yes).

·
MR2 & 96 V6 Cam
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You stole my old radio! :lol: So whats the plan for her? Swipe parts, then junk it?

4-Tin?

4 cylinders NEVER had ABS. It was an option on the V6 gen 3's only. Jtex, you're SURE it has ABS?
I am pretty sure it has ABS seeing that the ABS Light comes on when starting then goes off once running and the car has rear calipers and rotors which for a non ABS LE is weird to see...and I think because it is an LE it might have come with the 5s + ABS option...

PLANS: Swap parts that I want from Grammy to Coupe and those that are off the coupe will go on Grammy and then replace a couple of things here and there I sell for 2K and put the money towards something special for the Coupe...:thumbsup:

·
MR2 & 96 V6 Cam
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
in some cases , three :D

Nahhhh.. Camrys are just really reliable vehicles when maintained properly

But I bought all 3. Not given ;)

Oh Yeah....This is my third...now when I get to 5 or 6 then I will feel spoiled....:lol:

·
hx35 turbo camry
1994 camry v6 3.0l
648 Posts
look under the hood next to the windshield washer reservoir... if you have abs you will see a block thingny with a bunch of lines plugged into it... thats your abs actuator

i have a v6 and dual piston calipers on front w abs

·
What Toyota?
2008 Saab 9-3
10,477 Posts
look under the hood next to the windshield washer reservoir... if you have abs you will see a block thingny with a bunch of lines plugged into it... thats your abs actuator

i have a v6 and dual piston calipers on front w abs
I was just about to have him loook for that. I'm 99.9999% sure that for the 3rd gen 4cyls you could NEVERRRRRRRRR get ABS.

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
MAYBE IT WAS AN ABS SWAP KEN!

Ever think of that?

No, you didn't. Why? Because it makes no sense. Ladies and gentlemen this DOES NOT. MAKE. SENSE. If chewbacca is a wookie, IT DOES NOT. MAKE. SENSE.

·
MR2 & 96 V6 Cam
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
^^:rofl2: I am going to go outside in my boxers right now and get to the bottom of this...

EDIT: PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT...... KEN WAS........right :disappoin yet again....

But I guess this is my Gen 3 lession...for some reason they have an ABS light w/ no ABS...:confused: Thats dumb.....well at least it has better brakes in the rear...:dunno:

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
It fell out when I hit a bump a few weeks ago in the j-vin....

·
What Toyota?
2008 Saab 9-3
10,477 Posts
^^:rofl2: I am going to go outside in my boxers right now and get to the bottom of this...

EDIT: PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT...... KEN WAS........right :disappoin yet again....

But I guess this is my Gen 3 lession...for some reason they have an ABS light w/ no ABS...:confused: Thats dumb.....well at least it has better brakes in the rear...:dunno:
That's really odd that the light comes on. And it has rear disc brakes? Hmmmm.

·
MR2 & 96 V6 Cam
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
^ YUP!!!....and I can def feel the difference between the two cars and the braking...Coupe feels like SQUISHY is in the brake pedal...and the 4-Tin feels hard...like rock...

1 - 20 of 47 Posts