Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
RAV4
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the Greddy E-Manage will work on my 1997 3SFE RAV4? I'm going turbo [T3 .42/.48].

·
Grenaded piston
6,594 Posts
Its universal, so yes it'll work.

You need a pinout diagram for your ECU though, so you know which wires to tap into.

I'd help you out with the pinout diagram, but my 3S-FE uses a AFM. So its different from yours which uses a MAP sensor (aka. speed density).

·
Registered
RAV4
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
If I use a 3SGTE MAP sensor on my RAV4, leaving the rest the same. Just installing the E-Manage and the turbo kit, T3 .42/.48. Will it work. Also, using fuel injector as follow:

cc/MIN 200

Color Dark Blue

OHMS 13.8

lbs./HR 19.6

Test kPa 290

Will these injectores work. Or do I have to upgrade using the E-Manage

·
Grenaded piston
6,594 Posts
You need to upgrade the injectors too, if not your motor will run lean.

The 3S-GTE MAP has a different airflow vs. output voltage ratio.

In other words for a given amount of airflow it'll output a lower voltage then the stock MAP on your 3S-FE. So this will cause you to run lean, unless you compensate by running bigger injectors.

Heres a comparison chart on MAP sensors:

http://www.vanirtech.com/gmmap.pdf

Toyota fuel injectors:

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Pit/9975/dataBySubject/Injectors.html

·
Registered
RAV4
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Which mean leaving the RAV4 factory MAP sensor would be worst. Any recommendation on a set of Fuel Injector? One with the 3SGTE MAP Sensor and another with OEM RAV4 MAP sensor? OR, I see that the E-Manage has an extra wire to add fuel Injectors. If I leave the OEM fuel injector and ADD a Fuel injector. Will this resolve the fuel starvation?

88 LE, thanks you are a great help for me. And for the world. You are recognized in almost all the Toyota Forums. :thumbup:

·
Grenaded piston
6,594 Posts
almc2242 said:
Any recommendation on a set of Fuel Injector?
Injectors from a 2JZ-GE. I believe their 360 CC.

One with the 3SGTE MAP Sensor and another with OEM RAV4 MAP sensor?
You can't use your stock MAP sensor. You'll hit fuel cut if you do.

Your stock MAP is only good for 1 bar, which is for n/a engines.

If I leave the OEM fuel injector and ADD a Fuel injector. Will this resolve the fuel starvation?
No.

Seeing that you need to upgrade the MAP sensor and injectors anyways, I would forget about the extra injector.

Upgrade the MAP sensor + injectors. Then use the e-manage to tune your a/f ratio. You'll want to use a wideband O2 to get accurate a/f readings.

I'm not sure if the e-manage has the ability to control ignition timing or not. If it does you'll need to tune that too.

88 LE, thanks you are a great help for me. And for the world. You are recognized in almost all the Toyota Forums. :thumbup:
No prob.

As for being recognized in almost all the Toyota forums, I don't know about that. I only post on a few forums, but mostly here on TN.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
also bu ythe support tool and the u'll be able to tune both ignition and fuel on 16x16 maps

·
Registered
RAV4
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
victor said:
the emanage can tune timing, but you'll need to buy the ignition harness for you to be able to do that.
BTW L, how is your Camry working. I've been following your post since 2003 regarding your setup:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
almc2242 said:
BTW L, how is your Camry working. I've been following your post since 2003 regarding your setup:thumbsup:
were youasking me or victor? You said L so I was assuming you meant me but you quoted Victor

·
Registered
RAV4
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok, I just searched this forum for E-manage and up came your post for 2003 asking and working on your Camry. So, I just followed your post. BTW, I'm a schoolteacher. I teach criminal justice:eek:rder: BTW, my mistake.

Anyway, how is your Camry anyway?

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
almc2242 said:
Ok, I just searched this forum for E-manage and up came your post for 2003 asking and working on your Camry. So, I just followed your post. BTW, I'm a schoolteacher. I teach criminal justice:eek:rder: BTW, my mistake.

Anyway, how is your Camry anyway?
you lost me, bu tthats probably cuz i'm tired

my camry.... is doing alrite. its in the body shop still getting all the work finished on it. The turbo kit was put on hold cuz of that. Spending too much on the body right now. But as soon as this month is over I'm back onto performance mods.
I have my E-manage at home and i'm creating an install guide for future installers with wiring diagrams and everything. I'll do my actual install about the 2nd week in November when i do my tranny swap.
I was going to do a ct26 turbo kit but decided to scrap that idea just today and am now going to build a t3/t4 turbo kit. Its much easier to do, and i can get all the right accessories I want.

·
Grenaded piston
6,594 Posts
almc2242 said:
But I'll need bigger or Upgrade my STOCK Fuel Injectors, am I correct?
Yes you need bigger injectors.

And by upgrade I meant going with bigger injectors.

Sorry for the confusion.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts