Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Flagrant Toyota Noob
2009 Corolla S
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings All,

I just bought a 2009 Corolla S with 5,300 miles on it earlier today. Only drove it maybe 50 miles so far (I typically drive 70-80 miles a day, thus the Corolla, for the hopefully good MPG! ;-)).

My only complaint: Dealer didn't include a manual in glove box! :headbang: Soooo, can anyone tell me the magic incantation to set the dash clock? It seems to be just about 1 hour behind (DST got it, I guess!).

Also: If I'm reading things correctly (on Stant site), Stant doesn't make a locking gas cap for the 2009 Corolla, is this true? Is there any other Stant cap that 'accidentally' works (that maybe Stant hasn't figured out yet!) - like from a 2008 Accord or something?!

On a similar note: What's a great oil filter I can use? I prefer to do my own minor (read: "shade tree"!) maintenance, I already have the Mobil 1 ready to go in later this week (out with the dino oil!). Apparently Mobil doesn't make a filter for this car. I imagine Fram & others do.

And finally: Can membership levels here be "upgraded"?

Thanks for any & all assistance, and I'm glad to be here. I'll TRY not to be a colossal PITA!

Thanks all,

--Pete

·
Flagrant Toyota Noob
2009 Corolla S
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Disregard "Upgrade" Portion of Post

Doooohhh! Figured out the "upgrade" question myself! Wish the others were as easy (for me!). Sorry... --Pete

1 - 5 of 5 Posts