Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Stupid is stupid does
2008 tundra
Joined
·
5,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. My Birthday is a week away. The wife has the checkbook out :eek:hyeah:

anyways my question is what one is a good one? Im more intrested in the full grill type guard. I see a couple on Ebay but none of the sellers really show a good picture of one actually mounted on a 2005 taco.

Can you guys post some pics of what ones you went with ? I know these things are meerly cosmetic. but if they fit nice and tight to the truck I think they look nice. Plus I can mount some nice off road lights on it.

here is one. Im not sure who makes it. The picture sucks :disappoin its 289 shipped with a 4 year warrenty




another for 249+ 79$ shipping. it looks like it fits nice. I like the extra bar on the top.


 

·
Stupid is stupid does
2008 tundra
Joined
·
5,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
:confused:
 

·
Stupid is stupid does
2008 tundra
Joined
·
5,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dELuX-4x4 said:
I don't think brush guards look good on the new tacoma. Bull bars are a little better IMO.
yeah there is something about it not looking "tight" enough to the body. Almost like its a generic one. This is why I would love to see more pictures :thumbup:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,301 Posts
I have seen two

grill guards that looked AWESOME.
One guy had his grill gaurd matched to the color of the truck. The other was sprayed with line-x. I think I am going to have my nerf bars, grill guard (when I get one) and the bed sprayed with line-x.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
Ordered a black Manik full grille gaurd from Anythingauto.....$420 shipped.....for real....great guys to deal with....also ordered a Magnaflow muff from them !
 

·
Stupid is stupid does
2008 tundra
Joined
·
5,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
05 Taco Crew said:
Ordered a black Manik full grille gaurd from Anythingauto.....$420 shipped.....for real....great guys to deal with....also ordered a Magnaflow muff from them !



I think you ment autoanything.com

I see the Aries Off Road Grille Guard
for 329$

 

·
Life is good
05 Taco
Joined
·
105 Posts
I like the line-x idea. I've seen so many brush guards on the road that have beaten up by the weather. They don't look all that old either. They rust and the rubber bumper falls off.

they look awsome though
 

·
WAX museum.
2005 Tacoma
Joined
·
1,390 Posts
I'm more of a prerunner bumper fan..

I don't really like the "verticles" on the ones pictures above.

The shape is backwards in my eyes. It should be wide at the bottom (with a skid plate attached) and then narrowing as it comes up following the line of the grill.....

Choices are still pretty limited for this truck, but I think there a couple options here:

http://www.rockymountainsusp.com/Tub_Prerunners.htm

I'm holding out for something like this:
 

·
Stupid is stupid does
2008 tundra
Joined
·
5,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
55reasons said:
I'm more of a prerunner bumper fan..

I don't really like the "verticles" on the ones pictures above.

The shape is backwards in my eyes. It should be wide at the bottom (with a skid plate attached) and then narrowing as it comes up following the line of the grill.....

Choices are still pretty limited for this truck, but I think there a couple options here:

http://www.rockymountainsusp.com/Tub_Prerunners.htm

I'm holding out for something like this:

I agree with you about the verticals going the wrong way.
 

·
Premium Member
05 Tacoma access cab
Joined
·
503 Posts
:bump: Hey Lotust, did you ever get a grille guard?? Checked out that site you had listed and they do have a great price. Was wondering if anyone ordered from them and if they had any problems with them at all. I'm looking for the cheapest price and shipping. I'm looking for a black grille guard. Seems like if you go with a 1-piece grille guard, you pay a big price for shipping. If anyone has a good site to look at please let me know. TIA
Chris





lotust said:
Hey guys. My Birthday is a week away. The wife has the checkbook out :eek:hyeah:

anyways my question is what one is a good one? Im more intrested in the full grill type guard. I see a couple on Ebay but none of the sellers really show a good picture of one actually mounted on a 2005 taco.

Can you guys post some pics of what ones you went with ? I know these things are meerly cosmetic. but if they fit nice and tight to the truck I think they look nice. Plus I can mount some nice off road lights on it.

here is one. Im not sure who makes it. The picture sucks :disappoin its 289 shipped with a 4 year warrenty




another for 249+ 79$ shipping. it looks like it fits nice. I like the extra bar on the top.


 

·
Stupid is stupid does
2008 tundra
Joined
·
5,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Chris Tacoma said:
:bump: Hey Lotust, did you ever get a grille guard?? Checked out that site you had listed and they do have a great price. Was wondering if anyone ordered from them and if they had any problems with them at all. I'm looking for the cheapest price and shipping. I'm looking for a black grille guard. Seems like if you go with a 1-piece grille guard, you pay a big price for shipping. If anyone has a good site to look at please let me know. TIA
Chris

No sorry I have not bought one. I cant seem to find one that looks rugged or one thats made well.
 

·
2005 white DC TRD OFFROAD
2005 double cab TRD
Joined
·
180 Posts
not exactly a brush guard but i like it
 

·
Official Lurker
Joined
·
114 Posts
There's a custom fab shop near me that makes some pretty radical trucks and parts, including bull bars/brush guards called "Central Coast Prerunners." They don't seem to have a web site, but here's their phone number. They print a catalog.

Central.Coast.Prerunners. 805-481-0034
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top