HID/Retrofit Expert
2002 Camry LE
4,304 Posts
^:lol: :rockon:

·
HID/Retrofit Expert
2002 Camry LE
4,304 Posts
Well, sure, of course there's a price for everything. Not looking at the fact that my Camry is completely paid off, I still wouldn't be willing to give up my grill. IMO, it is the best grill for the Gen 5 or 5.5 Camry. And the grill is no longer in production. Only a few exist in the USA, and the rest are mainly in Australia and in Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates. Because of the rarity of the grill, I consider it a priceless part of my car, so I wouldn't be willing to part with it.

·
TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,832 Posts
Unless of course, some new company in the US starts to build a better or similar type of grille for it, I think I'll wait or wait until I can make one for myself. :D Just wait, in few years, not only will I design kits, I'll start to put it in production. :naughty:

Yeah, I'll let you guys know when I'm gonna sell mine. I'm planning to buy the SE Sport Grille for mine, so I'll probably sell my old on on eBay or here. Whoever offers me the most that is. :D

·
HID/Retrofit Expert
2002 Camry LE
4,304 Posts
^Haha Phil! Where've you been? You disappeared... lol

The thing is, its kinda like the guy that bought the JDM Gen 5 Camry headlights... they looked just like the USDM ones, but they didn't have the amber corner lens... sure, he could've just taken it out of his, but its the fact that the headlights were JDM. Even if no one else knows its JDM, he knows that they are. Its kinda like that with the grill. My grill is genuine ADM from Australia... even if a replica is made, I know that I've got an original. That matters to me. :)

·
Banned
2007 Toyota Camry SE
698 Posts
I honestly dont like White3Chocolates grille...its boring and the color doesn't help. And is that the "real" sportivo grille? Because I dont see the Toyota enblem in the middle. I would get the real sportivo grille. I also like the grille on the Camry Azure.

·
HID/Retrofit Expert
2002 Camry LE
4,304 Posts
^The Gen 5 Sportivo grills never had Toyota emblems on them... the Gen 5.5's did, but the 5.5 grill is different (see terrynham)... and yes, its the REAL Sportivo grill. I had it imported through a dealership in Australia with part numbers and all, and Genuine Toyota imprinted on the back of it... it was the last one ever produced by Toyota of Australia.

·
TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,832 Posts
Mike, I know what you mean, but what I meant is, not make a replica kind. I'll never make a replica if it was my company. I mean, I could probably design a better looking one and it won't be a copy of anyone elses. :D Bah, but I can't talk big if I can't do it in real life, making it that is. :lol:

P.S. I've been pretty busy since the end of October. Today is actually the only day I had with breathing room. I still haven't shipped out some of the drawings out yet and I know some are now looking for my blood because of my broken promises that I'll ship them out.

For sure, I'll have everything shipped out by the 15th of December. I do mean, everyones! I'm officially on winter break after the 9th.

·
Gen5.5 Sportivo V6
04 Camry Sportivo V6
554 Posts
white3ch0c0late said:
^The Gen 5 Sportivo grills never had Toyota emblems on them... the Gen 5.5's did, but the 5.5 grill is different (see terrynham)... and yes, its the REAL Sportivo grill. I had it imported through a dealership in Australia with part numbers and all, and Genuine Toyota imprinted on the back of it... it was the last one ever produced by Toyota of Australia.
yep thats right ;)

the Gen5 Sportivos came from the factory with a Stock grill, and the Sportivo Grill was an optional accessory, thus it didnt have an emblem :p:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.