Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 89 Toyota sr5 4x4 with a V6. I am not sure how to release the lower clips holding the griile on to get to the headlight for replacement. Any thoughts or pictures?

·
A legend in his own mind.
232 Posts
ya those clips suck, id spend 10 min tryin to get one out so i could still use it and the bastard would break when i set it down on the tray:thumbdown.....so i also discovered zip ties:whatwhat:

·
YOTA Master
'93 2wd P/U
2,434 Posts
long skinny flat blade screwdriver. reach in there and move the little tab to allow the clip to relaese from the grille.

When reassembling put the clips in the grille then snap the grill in place.

·
oh-pin-yun-A-ted
Pickup
1,407 Posts
or zip ties

zip ties are nice

·
232 Posts
jakejjs said:
or zip ties

zip ties are nice
zip ties = no pain in the ass clips, and they hold better, well i think they do

·
Registered
72 Posts
Jakey_Jake said:
zip ties = no pain in the ass clips, and they hold better, well i think they do
Ya they could work better until they wear out and your grille falls off. LOL! That would suck but they should last a long time. I would just use the zipties if you cant get the clips to not break.

·
232 Posts
Glenn? said:
lemme see yo grill.
you wanna see my what?
ya ya ya grill.

i apologize.
apology reluctantly accepted

·
Registered
142 Posts
You can do it with your finger also, just lift up on the hook part of it and pull the grill.

·
Bring On The MUD!!!!!
'83 Pickup SR5
2,334 Posts
try your best to get them off with a screw driver. that will be your best route. but i would seriously consider using zipties in the future! they do hold a lot better and to get them off, just a little snip snip!!

Cam

·
oh-pin-yun-A-ted
Pickup
1,407 Posts
Big Flick said:
Ya they could work better until they wear out and your grille falls off. LOL! That would suck but they should last a long time. I would just use the zipties if you cant get the clips to not break.
thats why you use multiple zip ties. to backup the ones that may break. :thumbup:

·
Registered
142 Posts

·
0 to 60 in 2.4 miles
1994 Toyota Pickup
536 Posts
Speaking of clips, anyone have or know where to get the metal ones that snap on the plastic tabs that hold the dash in? I had my das out doing a radio install and came back once at night with no light. I guess one had fallen off onto my seat because I picked it up and tought it was some leftover crap from the last dash as I couldnt see it only feel it, short story shorter I threw it in my yard and yea...

·
YOTA Master
'93 2wd P/U
2,434 Posts
ScoobyRoo said:
Speaking of clips, anyone have or know where to get the metal ones that snap on the plastic tabs that hold the dash in?
junkyard would probably be the place for those clips

·
Registered
142 Posts
Avenged said:
will the 92-95 headlight pannel things(black shaded instead chrome) fit on 89-91 also?
Im not exactly sure what you are talking about, but all parts of the grill are interchangable...the later model grills are one piece compared to the older style which is 3 piece.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts