Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI

My taco got less than 5k an dI get a intermittent grinding noise when using the Air condition. Sometimes, it happens on startup when the air condition is on or at least within a min or 2 while warming up. This happens even when the AC is on a low setting. The grinding noise only last a sec or 2 and usually happens once.

Anybody have the same problem?

Thx

·
Don't mess with the Blue
'06 DC Sport TRD
1,809 Posts
hmmmm??..... I've never heard of anyone with that problem. If you are unsure, you should definitley bring it back to the dealership so they can check it out. Just to be sure.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just heard that noise today when I started it up, and I too had left my air conditioner on. Today was the first day I have heard it, so I couldn't pin point where in the engine it had come from. Weird.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yup. Heard it. It usually only occurs when the blower is on low right at startup, but goes away when I turn it off and back on. I wouldn't call it a "grinding" more like a rapid clicking...kind of like the blower motor is dragging or something similar. It's only happened about 3 times in 3700 miles...and it's barely audible; I don't think most folks would hear it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts