Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had my tires changed (about two months ago) and three days ago I started having a metal on metal grinding sound while turning left. The noise is located up on my right passenger wheel side. The noise is in sync with my tire rotating as I move. It sometimes does it when I'm going straight after a stopping at a stop light as well. The noise stops at around 40mph every time. What could this be?

Car info:
Toyota
Camry

·
Registered
12 Posts
I recently had my tires changed (about two months ago) and three days ago I started having a metal on metal grinding sound while turning left. The noise is located up on my right passenger wheel side. The noise is in sync with my tire rotating as I move. It sometimes does it when I'm going straight after a stopping at a stop light as well. The noise stops at around 40mph every time. What could this be?

Car info:
Toyota
Camry
When was the last time when the Brakes were changed? they might be metal on metal, have you pulled the wheel on that side to see if something like a dust shield might be bent back?

T

·
Registered
2006 Toyota Camry
526 Posts
I doubt the noise has anything to do with your tire installation. It could be a number of things including wheel bearing, tie rods, brakes rubbing, etc. Any mechanic can put it on the lift and figure out the issue.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2016 VW Tiguan SE 4Motion (APR Stage 1, Neuspeed P-flow/wheels)
126 Posts
Check the passenger side wheel bearing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts