Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read a couple of times to make sure the ground wire for the EGR VSV is not loose, but I didn't see any photos as to where this ground is. I do have a ground wire coming out of the wire bundle behind the valve cover on the passenger side, which has two ground terminals (shock tower, engine lifting hook) and a mid-wire connector. Is this the one? I don't really see another one unless it's really buried on the engine backside.

I have a P0401 and still do after replacing the VSV, modulator, and the three 3mm hoses (with 3mm silicone hose) connecting these and the EGR valve itself with no change. Hoping it's the ground wire, before I attempt to undo the two upper nuts for the EGR to pry it away from the intake enough to clear out that port connection. I really doubt I will be able to budge the lower ferrule nut even if I had a ???mm sized flare wrench.

The car idles slightly rough but has never died. Once I get a hand vacuum pump, I'll try to apply a vacuum to the EGR while idling to see if it kills the engine (Fed emission, 4 cylinder, BTW).

1 - 1 of 1 Posts