Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have already attached my kit but i wanted to know if there is a proper way to ground it or do you just ground it anywhere you like and it will still work the same way with no malfunctioning or anything.

·
Gearhead
2,123 Posts
As long as you attached it to the original chassis ground attachment points, you should be just fine.

I'd recommend against just grounding it anywhere you feel like, as that is a recipe for introducing ground loops. That characteristic electronic hum that seems to change with engine RPM comes from ground loops, some cars make more noise than others.

Usually a simple cleaning of the contact area will fix that - sometimes upgrading to a better, heavier ground cable/strap will help.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Really because did ground it back at it's original ground where it was and had some other extra ground so i ground it straight to the edge of the valve cover.You know those three bolts behind the engine on the valve cover(is that alright) and one directly to the throttle body and two or three wires onto the top of the tranny. Does all that sound ok?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts