Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey ,
Been reading this forum for a couple of years, has helped me learn some things about the different parts of my past starlet galanza and currently my Levin so thx for all the tecnical discussions; they really help lurkers like me.

Anyway the other day i was parked at a spot and was out biking and some jerk has come along with his screw driver or a key and scratched the V off the back of my car. Nothing major i know, but where do these people get off?
Really pisses me off as i really don't understand what the point of it is...

Any of you guys had your car keyed or things pulled off like this?

Now it says Lein, lol but anyway i live in new zealand so i'm not sure how hard it will be to find some letters that roughly match for sale, I guess my best bet is to try wreckers yards?

Sorry to vent, just really hacked me off when i went to take some pictures today. Can't see it in the photo but he left some scratches around where the letter had been in the process.

·
Registered
2015 Toyota Camry V6 XLE
1,246 Posts
scratch what V off the back?

My car (1996 Corolla) was keyed on the driver side door very deep last year, it's a 14 years old car so i didn't bother to go get it repaint, I don't know why they would key an old car ... I guess cuz mine still look "mint condition"

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
scratch what V off the back?

My car (1996 Corolla) was keyed on the driver side door very deep last year, it's a 14 years old car so i didn't bother to go get it repaint, I don't know why they would key an old car ... I guess cuz mine still look "mint condition"
I mean the letter that says L E V I N across the back, it is attached like the toyota logo etc can't get the photo to show but i'm sure you get the idea.

Guess this is what those alarms that beep when you get close are for, though in some cases it would probably only provoke these sort of people more.

·
Full Throttle
1993 Corolla SE Ltd
6,774 Posts
Welcome to the forums fellow Kiwi! I see that you joined 3-years ago, so it's good you decided to start posting. A shame it wasn't under better circumstances. Sorry to hear about what happened to your Levin. I hate low life scum like that. What part of NZ are you from? Wreckers such as Pick-a-Part would be a good place to go, there's a few Levins at the yards here in Auckland. Failing that, you should be able to get an identical sticker made up at a decal shop, or you may still be able to source one through Toyota. The original part number is 75442-1A330-B0. Fortunately I've never had any key my car, but I know what I'd do if I saw them in the process, even if it wasn't my car. I'm sure they'll get what's coming to them. Best of luck man, and once again, welcome to Toyota Nation! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forums fellow Kiwi! I see that you joined 3-years ago, so it's good you decided to start posting. A shame it wasn't under better circumstances. Sorry to hear about what happened to your Levin. I hate low life scum like that. What part of NZ are you from? Wreckers such as Pick-a-Part would be a good place to go, there's a few Levins at the yards here in Auckland. Failing that, you should be able to get an identical sticker made up at a decal shop, or you may still be able to source one through Toyota. The original part number is 75442-1A330-B0. Fortunately I've never had any key my car, but I know what I'd do if I saw them in the process, even if it wasn't my car. I'm sure they'll get what's coming to them. Best of luck man, and once again, welcome to Toyota Nation! :thumbsup:
Hey cool, thanks for the advice. i'm from way down south in the middle of no where (central otago). :)

I was asking on trade me and a guy selling a crashed one said he'd pull it off for $10 + postage for me so it seems like it all turned out fine in the end.
I might look at getting one of those anti scratch pens that i've read about as the scratches are not that deep.

Anyway, cheers for the welcome, as i said, these forums have proved helpful already in the past an hopefully one day i can offer someone some good advice here in return to someone.

·
Full Throttle
1993 Corolla SE Ltd
6,774 Posts
Hey cool, thanks for the advice. i'm from way down south in the middle of no where (central otago). :)

I was asking on trade me and a guy selling a crashed one said he'd pull it off for $10 + postage for me so it seems like it all turned out fine in the end.
I might look at getting one of those anti scratch pens that i've read about as the scratches are not that deep.

Anyway, cheers for the welcome, as i said, these forums have proved helpful already in the past an hopefully one day i can offer someone some good advice here in return to someone.
No problem :). I actually just went to the junkyard today and grabbed you the Levin sticker off the back of a BZ-G (factory 4A-GE Blacktop). It's yours if you want it (no charge, I'll even pay for the postage). Just send me your address through a private message and I'll send it off to you :thumbsup:

Here's a pic:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Holy crap, mate your awesome!

The guy i asked about has not put up the auction on trademe yet for it either.

I'll pm you anyway!

·
Registered
510 Posts
I live in a bad area and had just payed off my 94 tercel. I was in the store and looked out and saw two a...holes( early 20's gang bangers) sratching my car with a razor kinfe. They did not see me and by the time I had got out there they had pulled across the parking lot and got out to go into another store.Their car was an older fixed up( new paint, lowerd, fart can exhast.) honda that was alot nicer than my car.I waited till they went into the store got out my framing hammer and did a 1 min workover on their nice little honda. I was full of glee as I knew they would know who had done it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Urg,
So i got the stickers from Kiwi the other day and was feeling pretty sweet, then this morning whlie having a nice sunday sleep in i heard a large bang.

I got up and found [email protected]#@!#@!#[email protected]#[email protected]#[email protected]#[email protected]#[email protected]#@!#[email protected]#[email protected]#[email protected]$!$

Anybody know what was the stuff used to hold the rare skirt on? It is gritty stuff, like sand almost?

I replaced it mostly into it's orginal postition in the above photo; it's just the left side that has pulled away, the right side seems still attached tho the paint it split alittle.

Would silicon sealant or fibre glas repair be ok to repair or should i do it with the same stuff, or anyone care to offer suggestions?

edit: talked to them and it seems they scrapped me along their drivers door after they turned while reversing..... rare part of the body kit must of caught where the rivets were and that pulled it away.

·
Full Throttle
1993 Corolla SE Ltd
6,774 Posts
^ Damn, that sucks man :facepalm:. I'd take it to a body shop and get the person who caused the damage to pay for it. Otherwise you can use a product called 'Gorilla Glue'. It sticks like shit to a blanket, and certainly won't come off in a hurry. It's practically holding my sideskirts on, apart from the two screws on either end. It might pay to give a panel beater a call and see what they suggest to use :thumbsup:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hmm yeah, they are family though so i'm trying to not to cost them a fortune in repairs. I had an led tube underneath that got a bit mangled up though i don't know if it still works cause i can't find the key, lol.

Anyway at least the rare bumper didn't crack cause it was a custom made one and would of cost a lot to repair down here.

·
Registered
1994 Corolla DX
1,121 Posts
Does LEIN mean anything over in New Zeland english? AHHA

I remember in the '80s when people would take out the "S" from ISUZU pick up trucks so it meant I UZ U... "I use you" LOL

·
Full Throttle
1993 Corolla SE Ltd
6,774 Posts
Does LEIN mean anything over in New Zeland english? AHHA

I remember in the '80s when people would take out the "S" from ISUZU pick up trucks so it meant I UZ U... "I use you" LOL
Haha, not that I know of. I just looked up the definition of "LEIN" on Google and it says: "A legal hold or claim of one person on the property of another as security for a debt or charge. A mortgage, once recorded, is a voluntary lien.". Somehow I don't think that's what the offender was trying to achieve, lol.

I once saw a scrap metal truck on the road with a huge logo down the side which made me laugh. Someone had taken the "S" off, so it said in massive letters "crap metal dealer" :lol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts