Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Camry
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i just ordered a set of the reverse glow guages off of ebay, they are the EXACT same ones that ProCarParts are selling(wayyyy cheaper in price though).
my question is will the speedometer reading still be correct after i install them? i recently swapped in a cluster with tach into my 90 dx, and after looking at the pic the numbers seem to be off. for instance my cluster now tops out at 130mph and these one top off at 150mph. i just want to make sure because i dont want any un-deserved speeding tickets! thanks for the help.

also a side note, i finally got aroung to doing blue LEDs in my HVAC controls(the push/lever style, note the electronic style controls) and i didnt have my cam at the time i did it, BUT i need to take it back out to readjust the cables for the levers(as well as some audio wiring) i will try to do a DIY write-up on this, since it will all be taken back out and i now have my cam) total cost was about 10 bucks with 3mm leds(5) and 1k resistors(5) and all wiring, etc....will post it all in the DIY!!

·
Camry
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Pochacco Owns Me
3,123 Posts
no it's not the same it's for the V6 the V6 is rated for 150 the I4 only goes to 130 you can buy it and put it on and just remind yourself. the only way it's really going to work is if u buy the V6 one for the tach and the I4 one for the speedo

·
Camry
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmmm, thanks. soo any1 know how off they would be then?

·
Registered
21 Posts
hmm, you'd be going about 86.66% of what the meter says. i think. so you won't get any SPEEDING tickets. iono, i'd just get one that tops off at 130. :dunno:

·
Camry
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so buy one guage set for the v6(for the tach) and another set for a i4 (for the speedo?)

·
Pochacco Owns Me
3,123 Posts
yes if you want the correct speed you'll have to get 2 kits or you can just get the V6 kit and u know remind yourself say when you'r going 35 it's actually 30 or something ( i just made up the ratio)

·
Camry
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
think ill just get both kits

·
3s-gte in a Camry?!?
'89 Camry Alltrac
8,666 Posts
DoomCrewInc said:
think ill just get both kits
Just remember that the redline on your motor is still 6200 rpm (not the 6700 rpm shown on the V6 tach indiglos)

That is exactly how my gauge cluster is setup...

-Charlie

·
幻影
673 Posts
I4 reverse gauges with the tach show up on ebay periodically too. If it isn't urgent, i would recommend you save your money and buy 1 kit.

·
Camry
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well i already bought the v6 kit, i found one for 15bucks shipped, so i jumped on it.
my car is automatic so the tach redline i am not too worried about. thanks for all the input fellas!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts