Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
2010 Camry SE V6
2021 Toyota Camry TRD
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, with my 17th birthday coming up the car talk in my family has came up quite a few times. So far my parents have oked two cars. I can get a 2010 Camry Se V6 loaded with everything but nav. Or I can get the 2010 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V6 with the 6 speed manual. Ive been leaning towards the accord because of the manual, pluss it just looks better, and has more power and standard features. Not to mention i love the interior on the coupe. What do you guys think? Dont bust on my spelling errors, im in school and the computers here dont have spell check. Lol

·
Premium Member
6,508 Posts
Well.. imo.. I'd get the 2010 camry and slam it on coils, get some nice offsetted rims, bolt on TRD exhaust, and call it a day.

The accord is really nice, esp w/ the manual. But... I really hate the bulky look. Its all preference really. imo, a slammed camry looks better than a slammed accord.

basically at the end of the day, what looks better slammed?

·
08 SE I4 Super White
41 Posts
I like both, the Accord Coupe is much better looking than the 4 door Accord. Of course I am more partial to the Camry since I love my SE.

·
must.resist.modding
'09 Camry SE V6
5,234 Posts
Camry. Cheaper on the insurance especially since you're going to be 17. Than again, you probably have mommy and daddy paying for it. Wish I had the luxury.

·
Registered
2007 Camry SE V6
278 Posts
if i was 17 again and got the chance to get a new car...i wouldnt pick a camry or accord. the lexus IS 350 would be a done deal... but out of the 2 accord coupe would be the pick. good luck.

·
Paul_09WhiteV6
09 XLE V6 White
6,677 Posts
get the is350. if not then go camry SE. accord is slower than camry no matter what the internet says. i might also go for g37 coupe like others said. if i didnt have camry these are the cars i would get: is350, isF, g37 coupe, or supra.

·
2010 Camry SE V6
2021 Toyota Camry TRD
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I looked into the is350. It's more then i'm able to spend. Same with the infinity

·
=]
nasa space shuttle
3,690 Posts
ugh vtec hands down DUHHH..

jk why not get a used isx50? used g35? 350z? 3 series? getting used will open up your opportunities.

imo the new accord coupe is hideous. And from my experience the quality of a toyota > honda.
and do you know how to drive stick? if not you better learn quick before you wreck a brand new car :lol:

·
Registered
8,415 Posts
Get the 09 Camry SE I4 and save the rest of the money for college.

College isn't cheap man, that's why I'm strugglin with my mods here, my money goes here and there.

·
Vivir el momento
Corolla
18,784 Posts
I would look into getting a used car instead if I were you. I would look into getting something RWD or AWD.

Front wheel drive cars are just bleh IMO since you already have a Camry.

·
Not-So-New TN User
2007 Toyota Camry SE
5,565 Posts
Well.. imo.. I'd get the 2010 camry and slam it on coils, get some nice offsetted rims, bolt on TRD exhaust, and call it a day.

The accord is really nice, esp w/ the manual. But... I really hate the bulky look. Its all preference really. imo, a slammed camry looks better than a slammed accord.

basically at the end of the day, what looks better slammed?
Is 'slammed' the new word of the day? Hahaha
I'd go accord... In the blue... Sexy right there... Only reason why I'd go accord coupe is the fact that I hate giving people rides... If you get a big enough four door, you're instantly stuck as the designated driver... Sooooo, coupe for me all the way

·
TN Member
2007 Camry SE
70 Posts
Man, wish I had your kind of parents when I was your age!! Anyways, just buy my 07 Camry V6 SE with NAV and I'll go buy the Accord! :naughty:

·
2007 Camry SE V6
790 Posts
Congrats on getting a free car!! I wish I had that luxury also :)

If it was me, knowing what I currently know, I would definitely take the Accord EX-L V6 coupe over the Camry SE V6. The Accord coupe looks awesome and the manual shifter is awesome too. Like another person said, get it in blue!

·
Registered
'07 XLE 4 cyl.
6,123 Posts
Get the Honda..........Bye.

·
Gotta Love Twins!
98 Twin Turbo Supra
403 Posts
I am surprised that all of the posts focused on looks (which is one part of buying a new vehicle) but not on how comfortable the individual is while driving. I helped my parents with their buying a new car process (09 Camry vs 09 Accord) and my mother loves my Camry so that is what she wanted. However, my father is a honda guy and really like the Accord. Each car had its positives and negatives so it came down to the test drive. They took out the Accord and were displeased with the ride comfot of the seats. So they decided to go with the Camry and have not looked back since.

-Ryan

1 - 20 of 52 Posts