Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll make it as quick as possible:

I leave for my ~20 mile commute to college which is mostly freeway. One part of the freeway is being rebuilt and is 2-lanes with ZERO sholder on either side (just walls and such) and the road is very bad (lots of seams, potholes, etc.) so it is difficult to drive. I am in the left lane - Jeep behind me, semi truck next to me, and semi truck ahead of me - so I am where I am.

Going about 55 (the speed limit) and about 50 feet ahead of me, one of those 4' tall orange water-filled barriers ROLLS OUT INTO THE MIDDLE OF MY LANE!!! If you have played Max Payne - everything went into bullit time, if not, the world slowed WAY down.

Well, I was lucky, it rolled out, then rolled back towards the outside of my lane, I was able to squeeze between it and the semi that was next to me. About 10 seconds after that, I got that awful adreniline feeling and felt sick all class.

I cannot imagine what would have happened if I had hit that - probably would have totalled my car.

·
The Camburger
525 Posts
damn! that was close. did the jeep behind you hit it? i learned try not living in a world of "what if's" youu'll drive your self insane. godd to hear you made it through

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yeah, I don't let the what if's bother me.

However, what if I got in a nice accident, got a few cuts to 'look good' and get a nice settlement check - THAT would kick major ass :lol:

The Jeep missed it, but it could have rolled back out!

·
Know God. Work Hard.
4Runner
2,194 Posts
I've hit those things before. 9 times out of 10 they are empty. lol

·
engineer in training
1,586 Posts
anyone heard that urban legend about the college guys that get a van and a bunch of radiation hazard stickers, put them on the van, then get some radiation suits and a vat of green apple jelly and put stickers on it, go driving down the highway, open the back of the van and throw it onto the highway. then they stop and get out with the radiation suits and turn the geiger meters all the way up so it clicks at anything. the cops show up and they tell the cops they are going to go get some cleanup equipment and leave and never come back... i want to believe its true

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Luckynumber5 said:
anyone heard that urban legend about the college guys that get a van and a bunch of radiation hazard stickers, put them on the van, then get some radiation suits and a vat of green apple jelly and put stickers on it, go driving down the highway, open the back of the van and throw it onto the highway. then they stop and get out with the radiation suits and turn the geiger meters all the way up so it clicks at anything. the cops show up and they tell the cops they are going to go get some cleanup equipment and leave and never come back... i want to believe its true
Sounds like a ticket to a long prision term for terrorism (yes, flat out terrorism)

·
engineer in training
1,586 Posts
maybe now yes

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, a FOOT or a TENTH of a second and it could have gotten ugly really fast.

Doesn't bother me at all, but damn I got lucky.

·
TN's Resident Car Whore!
'95 DSM Eclipse RS
5,978 Posts
Your lucky that you were able to get out of a situation like that. Sometimes you can't help but to wonder what would happen.

·
Registered
107 Posts
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Luckynumber5

:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Reppin my Home
343 Posts
Although a vat of green apple jelly spread out through the highway would be appealing to the kids, not to the government. They'd be in some deep shit :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts