Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
not actual size
Camry
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.sbrscca.org/solo/2004_points/overall/Class-SP-ST.html

I just discovered that as of this posting I'm 3rd in Street Touring class! Points haven't been posted for yesterday's event, but even with that I'm only going to get about 20 more.

What I find really amusing is that the top two have almost 400 points and I'm behind with a factor of 10 less points ;)

Also, the more astute of you will notice that there are several other people who should be beating me based on points, but the rule is you have to go to at least three events to be considered for placement.

So... the moral is even if you're racing in an outclassing class, you can still place :D

·
That Geeky Star Wars Girl
674 Posts
good job brink :woot:

·
The Asian Sensation
1996 Lexus SC300
904 Posts
wow nice job brink. what times do you usually run? the quickest ive gotten down is around 86 but ive only gone twice

·
TN Ass Man
95 Camry SE 2-door
1,179 Posts
so when some of the other guys do three total races you will be knocked out of your position, oh well , thats tight anyway.

i wish i could do that stuff, i got to drive my car on the Barbers Motorspeedway, http://www.barbermotorsports.com/ , and it was so much fun, even though i could only go like 60mph it was still cool as hell.

·
Lives For The Curves
93 Camry
1,546 Posts
Xevuhtess77 said:
wow nice job brink. what times do you usually run? the quickest ive gotten down is around 86 but ive only gone twice
:confused: Courses are different everywhere... some can be 30 seconds, some can be over a minute. You really can't compare autox times unless you're at the same event.

·
Banned
4,345 Posts
DrtySthV6SE as much as I really hate to do it to a fellow Alabama fan, and T-Town lover...

I'm calling bullshit on you. Not only does Barber Motorsport Park NOT have open days. There have only been TWO private track days held there since the park opened. Porche Club of America and the BMW Car Club of America's Alabama chapter.
The Porche Club event was closed to Non-Proche-Non PCA members, while the BMW CCA was OPEN to non-BWM's, you had to be a member of the BWM CCA club to participate. Neither club would take registrations from non members, and no walk-on's were to be allowed at the track at either event. I know, I called severial representitives of both clubs begging to get in and was denied.

The only other possible way for your car to be on that track, is if you were a member of SCCA in late 2003 into July 10th 2004.
You are not an SCCA driver, and SCCA Alabama/Georga holds no record of any Toyotas other than celica's racing in their recorded events for the past year.

There is simply no way you made it on that track with your car.

The good news is that TracQuest is comming later this year!!!

·
not actual size
Camry
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ekam: pshaw, I can do that in my sleep.

DrtySthV6SE: Yeah, i'm waiting to see what'll happen when sunday's times are posted. I think I may end up in 5th or 6th, cause I think one or two of the guys there were two race people. So, they may end up ahead of me. Sunday was the last event of the season.

Yeah, so it's sort of an empty victory in a way, cause essentially I'm placing based on attendance. Still, those are the rules, so I'll take it.

I mean, after all the class I'm running in is sort of a catch-all class for any car that's had something done to it to bump it out of stock. I ended up in STS simply because of the SS brake lines and the RSB. But I'm racing against things like Integras on race tires with full exhaust and suspension kit. So, just the fact that I can hold my own to some extent is gratifying. I'm typically within 10-20% of the class leader's time

·
That Geeky Star Wars Girl
674 Posts
^ around here in STS you are not allowed to have race tires, its a street tire only class...the street tire most people run on are falken azenis.

everyone in STS here in tx seems to have the '89 civic si hatch...its damned annoying w/only 90-100hp but so small it can be thrown around easily and always seems to beat me in class when i am driving joe's 140-150ish hp integra...but at least i can hold my own and beat a WRX & FD RX-7 in women's pax :D

one of these days we are going to have to a TN auto-x get together and see who may be crowned king or queen auto-x of TN :kingme: :lol:

Keri

·
Lives For The Curves
93 Camry
1,546 Posts
The "ST" in STS stands for street tire... Falken Azenis (Kumho ECSTA MX is said to be comparable as well) is the best you'll get and still be legal in STS. I'm game for TN autox! St. Louis seems to be somewhere in the middle of all of us, but it'll have to wait til next summer.

·
TN Ass Man
95 Camry SE 2-door
1,179 Posts
Toysrme said:
DrtySthV6SE as much as I really hate to do it to a fellow Alabama fan, and T-Town lover...

I'm calling bullshit on you. Not only does Barber Motorsport Park NOT have open days. There have only been TWO private track days held there since the park opened. Porche Club of America and the BMW Car Club of America's Alabama chapter.
The Porche Club event was closed to Non-Proche-Non PCA members, while the BMW CCA was OPEN to non-BWM's, you had to be a member of the BWM CCA club to participate. Neither club would take registrations from non members, and no walk-on's were to be allowed at the track at either event. I know, I called severial representitives of both clubs begging to get in and was denied.

The only other possible way for your car to be on that track, is if you were a member of SCCA in late 2003 into July 10th 2004.
You are not an SCCA driver, and SCCA Alabama/Georga holds no record of any Toyotas other than celica's racing in their recorded events for the past year.

There is simply no way you made it on that track with your car.

The good news is that TracQuest is comming later this year!!!
:mad:

OMFG get your head out of your ass dude, i wish i would not have checked this thread now im pissed. you dont know me and i definately dont make a habit of lying. Why the fuck would i fucking lie about some shit like that oh wait maybe your a dumbass..... oh and if you dont believe me ask the about 60 other cars that got to drive around the track when the Super Street Tour met there the Friday before NOPI. And iv got video dude :disappoin ... does anyone want to host a vid

1 - 20 of 26 Posts