Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Camry LE
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The handbrake on my camry is really loose, I can oull it up very easily. Before it used to be tight to pull up. Actually, it won't even work anymore. I'll pull it up, and there is almost no effect. The car will still "coast" with the handbrake up. Does anyone know what the hell is going on???? I had the rear drum brakes replaced a while ago, and the problem arised after that. Could that have anything to do with my handbrake problem???

thanks

·
getn groceries in style
1,095 Posts
go to the place who did the install on the rear brakes and have them fix it- because they obviously didnt get it right. usually if you are polite they will feel guilty and help you out.

good luck

jon

·
Registered
52 Posts
If you have rear disc brakes, then your rear parking brakes shoes may be worn out. For both rear disc or drums, your hand brake cable is stretch and all it needs is an adjustment. Get the people who did you brake job to make the adjustment.

·
Registered
99 Camry LE
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would have the guy who installed my brakes fix ti, but it was some no name mechanic in the Bronx. My dad had him replace the brakes because he was really cheap.

My original mehanic looked at it and said that the first guy did squat. He installed older drums and didn't do it correctly. Hardware was just flying around. Also, he forgot to connect the handbrake, so the handbrake was useless.

I had him replace two front brkae pads (b/c they were starting to get worn), and fix what the pther guy fucked up on. I know it's my own fault for going cheap over quality, but still I'm pretty pissed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts