Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just sold a 2008 Toyota Avalon Touring model i bought new a fantastic car that had 147k miles when i sold it to upgrade
So i bought a used 2018 Avalon XLE 14k miles and after driving it for a week the FRONT SEATS are so HARD its like SITTING ON A PARK BENCH Is anyone else having these same problems ? My BACK and HIPS are Killing me HELP !!!

·
Registered
2013 XLE Touring V6
95 Posts
There have been a few posts on this forum on this subject. I think the most comprehensive one was probably this one. It's a longish post, but most of the good stuff is in the first two pages. Unfortunately, the photos posted on it were using photobucket who now blurs images. You'll still get the gist of the fix even with the poor images. Whether or not you choose to DIY is up to you. I'm ok with the seats but will admit they're not the softest. My previous ES300 was much softer albeit not as bolstered. You can always check in your area for upholstery shops who'll be more than happy to do the modification for a price.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do not live in the Chicago area What i would really like to know, has anyone out there ever tried to get Toyota to do any thing about this ?
Thank You for replying,
Avalon Rich

·
Registered
2014 AHXLE TOURING
461 Posts
I just sold a 2008 Toyota Avalon Touring model i bought new a fantastic car that had 147k miles when i sold it to upgrade
So i bought a used 2018 Avalon XLE 14k miles and after driving it for a week the FRONT SEATS are so HARD its like SITTING ON A PARK BENCH Is anyone else having these same problems ? My BACK and HIPS are Killing me HELP !!!

·
Registered
2014 AHXLE TOURING
461 Posts
I have a 2014 Avalon Hybrid XLE Touring that I bought new. The seats were hard as concrete. I asked my Toyota dealer if additional foam could be added to the seats. He wouldn’t do it. He said it would “cause airbag issues” which is BS. I took my car to a reputable upholstery shop in my area. They added additional foam to the seat. No airbag, heater or any problems.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kadina,
Thanks for the reply and probably the easiest way to repair this is to just have the seats repaded which i will probably just do myself But no matter what, this is a problem with Toyota and after visiting the LA Auto show last week i verified that with all there 2020 models What really is a shame is that the Toyota Avalon which is the flagship of Toyota has been reduced to mear passenger vehicle The truth be told, when they redesigned the Avalon in 2013 there wasn't enough headroom for more comfortable seats As a matter of fact, if you are over 6' tall ( i'm 6'2') i would never recommend the Avalon The differences between my 2008 and this 2018 are enormous They have litterly "Cheaped" out on this car Less interior room, lower head room, smaller trunk opening, smaller interior storage compartments just to name a few For anyone considering buying a new Avalon i would definatly consider other models It's no more then a glorified Camery So disapointing, nice car until you sit in it
And the worst part Toyota couldn't care less, they already got your money !!! 😕
Thanks for the Reply,
Avalon Rich

·
Registered
2014 AHXLE TOURING
461 Posts
I certainly agree with your comments Rich. I would think a long time before buying another Toyota. The Avalon use to be a luxury car. Now, it is crap. Mine rides like a truck. I’m sure if I was going to buy another car it would not be a Toyota.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts