Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Black since 1985
97 Camry
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What was your experience like?

I plan on gettin the Konig Appeal. That seems like a good opening bid , I plan on going $300-400... since Tires.com has them for like $680.

I also like the prophets.. but not sure what they'd look like on a cam :eek:

·
back again? yeah, i am.
1992 Toyota Camry
1,493 Posts
get the first ones...they look better...i have never bought wheels off of ebay before but its so secure these days....

·
Registered
Camry
1,463 Posts
I bought a set on ebay,it was an okay experience.Just took 10 days to get 'em. Then you gotta haul them around etc.

I would do it again.

·
spin turbo hammy... SPIN!
2,849 Posts
I would defin. do it again- i got my wheels and i love them- good expirence and evem better price

·
Black since 1985
97 Camry
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, the appeals kinda screamed out my name the first time I saw them..like a year or two ago..maybe more. I dont know when they came out. the B*&$# is getting some decent priced tires to go with the 17s... I might get 16s to save stress on finding good priced tires... I dunno:disappoin

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,959 Posts
i bought my rims on ebay and they look great and they smelled nice (fresh rubber already installed) i paid 600usd and got them at my door step in 7days:thumbup: :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought some 17"-rims off of eBay for a great price. I paid an additional charge to ship it to Hawaii and waited for the fedex guy to come. Only after 1-month and a complaint to paypal to withhold funds, did the seller, "IDRACING", finally send my rims. Be sure to check feedback, complaints, etc...Like anything though it's always a gamble.

·
The Camburger
525 Posts
just try and make sure the person you get them from isnt a putz. i had to cal the ass everyday to see if he sent them. Finally after 6 weeks I got them. if you get them from a dealer you should be fine. but they were 17s with 3 good tires for $550 shipped. try getting it from a dealer though. btw i like the 2nd set better. not a big fan of chrome

·
No Fat Bitches
2,044 Posts
Like everyone else has stated check the seller's feedback before bidding. And I say go for the prophets those rims look so nice in person.

·
Registered
1999 Toyota Camry
565 Posts
ebay is the way to go. You should get the 2nd ones, i think they look better.

·
Guess whos back
2000 VW golf
675 Posts
Zoni had the caffines on his cam.....They looked playific....No 16's though.....Camry's have HUGE wheel wells......17's or up are the best

·
Where's my boomstick?
2,528 Posts
you should check and find out how the guy is shipping them.

when i bought my Celica GT rims a while back, the price was awesome, $150 +$70 for shipping, but the freight company he used would only deliver between like 2 - 4pm, i didnt get home till 4:30 usually so i had to drive like 40miles to go to there pick up station.

not too bad, but kind of a hassle.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I recently bought a set of 17" 5Zigen 5ZR's with 45/225/17 tires from a private seller on ebay with zero feedback. He was offering it slightly used (3 weeks) with a low reserve. I got them for $610. Before bidding I made sure to get and verify his information. Things like name, phone, and address. Turned out he lived in Seattle, WA which wasn't too far driving distance from where I lived in Oregon if there happened to be any problems with the transaction. The only problem I faced was that the cost of shipping he quoted me turned out to be a bit more. I couldn't really complain because I was still getting a great deal and at least he called UPS to ask, even if they gave him a wrong quote.

Anyway just make sure to ask all your questions before bidding, especially shipping and offset.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Last night I won the auction for some 17" Motegi MR7's w/ Nitto Extreme Performance tires. $490 and about $130 shipping (appr.).

The seller has good feedback...I'll keep you updated on how the transaction goes.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts