Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the recall done on my 2009 Corolla LE July 9, 2010. The dealer took my 'dangerous' floor mats out but didn't replace them. The mats are supposedly on order. I've called them 2 or 3 times. It is now about 7 weeks later, still no floor mats. This summer weather I'm not tracking TOO much crap into the car, but winter-time, with slush and salt it'll be a different story. I suspect some moron bean-counter at Toyota insisted on receiving the reject mats back before ordering replacements be manufactured. Wouldn't want to get ripped off by the dealers claiming extra mats needed! How about the rest of you? How many are suffering with missing floor mats?
Come winter, people will be shoving any mat they can find into their cars. That ought to jam a few accelerator pedals!

·
Ask your Mother
2009 Corolla XRS
2,035 Posts
I replaced mine with the Toyota All-Season Mats from the Dealer. They are still going strong after 2 years

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've had a recall involving a gas pedal shim and then they replaced the pedal but I haven't heard anything about floor mats. If they want to replace them they can cause mine are wearing out already. The all season mats are good but I only use them in the winter.

·
Lowdown Lowlife
09 Corolla LE MGM
8,948 Posts
I replaced my floor mats the week i got the car with temp Michelin (sp?) floor mats until I get the Weathertech custom molded ones.

·
30YRTOYOTAPARTSEXPERINCE
04 Camry; 09 Sienna
1,237 Posts
The new all season mats are different than the earlier ones. In fact we have many customers who want their old ones back.

·
It needsa muffler bearing
BlkSnd 10 Corolla S
567 Posts
We have people sign a waiver to keep their old ones. The new ones are bad.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I had the recall done on my 2009 Corolla LE July 9, 2010. The dealer took my 'dangerous' floor mats out but didn't replace them. The mats are supposedly on order. I've called them 2 or 3 times. It is now about 7 weeks later, still no floor mats. This summer weather I'm not tracking TOO much crap into the car, but winter-time, with slush and salt it'll be a different story. I suspect some moron bean-counter at Toyota insisted on receiving the reject mats back before ordering replacements be manufactured. Wouldn't want to get ripped off by the dealers claiming extra mats needed! How about the rest of you? How many are suffering with missing floor mats?
Come winter, people will be shoving any mat they can find into their cars. That ought to jam a few accelerator pedals!
The dealer i went to, they already had the replacement ones in stock so they just did a swap...i would just go back there with the invoice and just ask for ur "dangerous" ones back or for the replacement ones ....as long as u dont have multiple mats, the original ones wont be a problem

·
Registered
2010 corolla s
671 Posts
really? toyota kept calling and bugging me till i went. they left my carpet untouched though.
i guess melody toyota doesnt care lol. they did send me quite a lot of emails but during the 5k checkup i did yesterday, i showed them my gas pedal and they said it was fine

·
Boy Wonder
2009 MG Corolla S
949 Posts
I have the original Toyota all weather. They tried to replace mine with thinner ones and I said NO THANK YOU.

·
Registered
'09 Corolla XLE
29 Posts
I took my car in for the floor mat recall last month. They shaved the gas pedal, but they didn't replace the floor mats. I got the impression that only certain versions of the floor mats were replaced, but not the version I have.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
22,834 Posts
never did the recall. floor mats came no where close to the pedal
+1 :thumbsup:

I have the original Toyota all weather. They tried to replace mine with thinner ones and I said NO THANK YOU.
+1 I also bought a set of OEM carpeted floor mats for the summer & I use the original all weather mats for the wet months. Neither of the mats comes any where near the pedals so I'm not sure what all the fuss is about. :facepalm:

·
Registered
254 Posts
The heel area of my OEM carpets were wearing out fast so I started looking through local retail stores for a replacement the last year or so.

I wanted 20" wide fronts so they wouldn't move around, and that width was hard to find - usually the car mats I looked at were about 18" wide maximum.

I finally found a set of Kraco carpeted mats with rubber under the heel area for about $25 at Advance Automotive Parts this month and I bought them.

My car has light grey carpets and the grey Kracos were a little darker - like the upper dash. They are heavy duty and look like they will last a long time.

The front mats have pre-formed grooves so they can be trimed with a scissors to custom fit the car. I trimed the right side of the driver mat to get the rubber heal pad area right under the pedals. The rubber heel pads span the width of the front mats.

I like these carpeted mats with the rubber heel pads a lot. I think these mats look good, but you can form your own opinion if you want to check them out in a local Advanced Auto Parts store. I saw them in grey, beige and black. I think that might be the color selection limit, but I didn't ask if there were more colors available because grey was all I was after.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts