Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
09 Toyota Corolla S
3,516 Posts
^^thats nice to hear that you finally found mats of your liking:thumbsup: I have the stock carpet mats and I have a set of clear rubber mats on top of that and they barely move:thumbsup: they fit the entire width floor just fyi to everyone these dont even come in contact with the pedal even when flooring it to overtake

·
Registered
254 Posts
Ref. Kraco floormats

The floormats I mentioned earlier (carpet with rubber heel pad) are called "Carpet & Rubber Floormats" and have the Kraco part number 8304 for grey. The Advance Auto Parts barcode lists RC8304 Grey.

(I thought if anyone was interested in them they might be able to find a picture of them on the internet to see what I described. You don't have to go to the store that way if you don't like what you see.)

I figured for $25 I would try them and would not be out that much money if I decide later to go for Weathertech or something.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
Sept 17, nine weeks after my recall. I called the dealer AGAIN. This was going to be my final call before I started writing nasty letters to corporate. I called parts this time instead of the service desk. The gal said "well, I've got one set that we called someone about and he didn't come in, since you've been waiting a long time, I'll give them to you". I drove right over and specified I wanted them installed. The service guy kinda tried to make me feel like a wimp for not putting them in myself. I didn't care, if anything was screwed up it was on THEM. The drivers mat seems to be good quality and comes NOWHERE NEAR THE GAS PEDAL. It's smaller than the original. These are all-weather, not carpet.
There was a cardboard ticket securely hooked into the drivers mat. The service guy says "I'll just let you cut this tag off at your convenience"
Flick. I handed him my Leatherman jackknife. "Nope, sorry", he says, "we're not ALLOWED to cut this tag off". Kinda like a mattress tag.
He told me he's seen all sorts of crap being used as mats during the long wait. His favorite was plastic bubble wrap.
So, if you put bubble wrap on your floor, wreck your car, maybe kill somebody, is it your fault or the Toyota lawyers who dreamed up the rules of this recall?

·
Registered
09 Corolla S
2,598 Posts
Sept 17, nine weeks after my recall. I called the dealer AGAIN. This was going to be my final call before I started writing nasty letters to corporate. I called parts this time instead of the service desk. The gal said "well, I've got one set that we called someone about and he didn't come in, since you've been waiting a long time, I'll give them to you". I drove right over and specified I wanted them installed. The service guy kinda tried to make me feel like a wimp for not putting them in myself. I didn't care, if anything was screwed up it was on THEM. The drivers mat seems to be good quality and comes NOWHERE NEAR THE GAS PEDAL. It's smaller than the original. These are all-weather, not carpet.
There was a cardboard ticket securely hooked into the drivers mat. The service guy says "I'll just let you cut this tag off at your convenience"
Flick. I handed him my Leatherman jackknife. "Nope, sorry", he says, "we're not ALLOWED to cut this tag off". Kinda like a mattress tag.
He told me he's seen all sorts of crap being used as mats during the long wait. His favorite was plastic bubble wrap.
So, if you put bubble wrap on your floor, wreck your car, maybe kill somebody, is it your fault or the Toyota lawyers who dreamed up the rules of this recall?
its like the window sticker on the car when you buy it new, "its against the law" for them to remove it.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts