Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
has anyone tried koni shocks?

so if u've tried it, or heard any positive/negative things about it, can u let me know? thanks

umm i guess its in the wrong section cause they don't make it for the camry... mods, can u move it to general?

·
Still confused...
95 camry coupe v6
2,304 Posts
well... koni does make shocks for the camry. if i remember correctly, they are for the gen 3 models (92-94) for the servicable strut models... on a general sense, i heard koni are kinda rough but are overall a good bargain for the money.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Koni in general is a well respected company with roots in Racing.. I would feel confident purchacing these over several other brands..

Koni yellows are the adjustible version... I've never tried them on a Camry, but on the Prelude they are very well respected, and are often the shock of choice if a full coilover for some reason cannot being considered..

Personally, I would choose Koni over Tokico any day, but be aware that these are quite stiff, they are not a "comfort-damper"

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
^ what he said

koni's are top notch :thumbup: and the best available for the camry- also the stiffest available as well

and yup, it's only available for the gen3 camrys that have serviceable unsealed struts

they only have the koni reds available for the camry if I remember correctly- ratko's camry had them

·
Registered
169 Posts
Does Tein make a Camry application? They are a full coilover but one of the best setups I have ever tried (again not on a Cam but all things being relative I would imagein they would be excellent on any car)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts