Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
What Toyota?
2008 Saab 9-3
10,477 Posts
from what i've seen on these forums, the general opinion is that they don't work. and the auction only says it pulls 3 amps....I doubt that's enough to compress/move enough air for any significant increase in power. imo, just go with a home-made cold air intake. :thumbsup:

·
'95 Camry 5S-FE
95 Camry LE
778 Posts
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

But seriously, you get what you pay for. So, yes it will give you $40 worth of power (maybe 2HP).

·
Registered
1982 Mercedes 300D
54 Posts
1hp=750W of electrical energy. That's roughly 54A on a 14v system. So you're supposed to get a HP gain by a device that draws 42W? If it somehow gave you a 1-1 increase(Disabling the alternator during testing) that would be .056HP. Hmmm......

·
Registered
193 Posts
1hp=750W of electrical energy. That's roughly 54A on a 14v system. So you're supposed to get a HP gain by a device that draws 42W? If it somehow gave you a 1-1 increase(Disabling the alternator during testing) that would be .056HP. Hmmm......
I agree that it would be a complete waste of money and not work, but your logic isn't quite right either. Its using the electricity to push air, not directly add power to the engine. I doubt a real turbo generates more that a few hp to spin itself, even though it can generate huge hp gains from the engine. A direct comparison doesn't really mean anything here. Anything like this gives more than a 1-1 increase, or it would draw as much power as it created, making no increase in power. Its still crap though, don't buy it.

·
O-Dark-30
93 Camry Le
409 Posts
hmm

Yuck...Somebody put one on a GM 3.1..........

·
Registered
1982 Mercedes 300D
54 Posts
My basis is just fine, I feel you are not interpreting it properly. A turbo's only "drain" on the engine is increased exhaust pressure. This device draws electricity from the alternator. If the device draws 1hp, it cannot give an increase beyond 1hp, due to the fact that it is drawing(sucking, sapping, stealing, whatever) power from the engine in order to operate.

I do agree that it is crap, and not worth your time to read the advertisement.

·
Togue superstar
00 Camry LE
670 Posts
just another gimmick out there. and a company trying to make a fast buck.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts