Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks.
My beautiful little beast is a '69 Toyota Corona. And it has a 4-speed that still has synchros. It weighs just under 1700 lbs. The 2 things I was hoping for here were A ) is there a Toyota V6 that'll bolt up to it? And B ) does anybody out there happen to know the local of said engine?

·
Registered
1995 T100 2WD & 1993 MR2
4,667 Posts
FWIW, Years ago a friend decided to put small block Chevys in Toyota trucks that had the 22r/22re engines. There we just had a bell housing made to match the SB. We were pleasantly surprised that both the transmission but transfer cases and rear- ends held up well.
Shave the bell housing on yours off and weld an adapter in it's place thats the same thickness of what you removed with the bolt pattern that matches the V6.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FWIW, Years ago a friend decided to put small block Chevys in Toyota trucks that had the 22r/22re engines. There we just had a bell housing made to match the SB. We were pleasantly surprised that both the transmission but transfer cases and rear- ends held up well.
Shave the bell housing on yours off and weld an adapter in it's place thats the same thickness of what you removed with the bolt pattern that matches the V6.
That sounds seriously involved, that is what makes it entertaining. Think I'll keep looking for one that fits. Doesn't make sense, if they made one it'd fit.

·
Registered
1995 T100 2WD & 1993 MR2
4,667 Posts
I agree, if the car was even a couple years newer or had a bigger following I think someone would've slapped a v6 in one. Keep lookin :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think, maybe, I'll take a tape measure to the wreaking yard. Do a little rummaging, and find a V6 already attached to probably an automatic. After that, I'll have Rob, my step boyfriend show me how to make a driveshaft the right length. Next, off to a brake shop. I fuckin' hate doing brakes. Oh, my Mom's a widow and Rob's her boyfriend, henceforth, step boyfriend.

·
Registered
1995 T100 2WD & 1993 MR2
4,667 Posts
Keep in mind the drive shaft length on an AT is different than one on a MT.
"Step- boyfriend" got it :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts