Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The title says it all.

I did once, but she stopped screaming after a few minutes of smuthering with my jacket:D Ooops!! j/k

No, but I have rear ended someone. I was going over a bridge, we had just left the stop light on one side, so everyone was close together. We started to accel, when all of the sudden, the girl in front of me slams on her brakes. I hit mine too but wasn't able to stop in time. We pulled over at a store just past the bridge. Neither car had any damage. Thank god for the 15mph bumper:D

So lets here your stories....

*Mods, feel free to delete this if it is a repost :)

·
Gen5.5 Sportivo V6
04 Camry Sportivo V6
554 Posts
does hitting a piece of timber that fell off a truck going the opposite direction count? :lol:
luckily it hit my bumper and i drove over it :eek::

i think i also hit some guy on a bike once :lol:
i was in a line of cars at a light, and i wanted to change lanes, and some guy on a bike comes off the footpath to cross the road right in front of my car, i bump into him, but he doesnt fall over though :lol: we was like WTF and so was I :p:

In the way of hitting other cars, nothing yet :D

·
Rated H: Chikan Sukebe
02 Vitz
1,363 Posts
I took out a traffic sign on I4 in FL once when I got side swiped by a Semi in a bad storm, it form the shape of the front of the Camry, luckly it only cracked the headlight.

While on track I took out about 20 of the barrels filled with water used for the barricade after somebody slammed me into the wall

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sportivo Concepts said:
I took out a traffic sign on I4 once, it form the shape of the front of the Camry, luckly it only cracked the headlight.

While on track I took out about 20 of the barrels filled with water used for the barricade after somebody slammed me into the wall
:( Not the Camry, please not the Camry.....

·
The Oddity
Gen 4.5 Camry
809 Posts
yeah, i've hit things, with my car.

i've hit: another car (in my old mitsu)
concrete barrier of a bridge over some train tracks (in my old mitsu)
scrapped a metal poll in a car park (in my camry)
hit a bucket that fell off the back of a ute on a highway (in my camry)
i think i hit the tail of a cat or a possum (in my camry)
almost plowed someone over at a cross walk (in my camry) coz the sun was directly in my face, i couldn't see the traffic lights, but i stopped in time, honked at the guy and he gave me a courtisey (sp) wave.

·
Lives For The Curves
93 Camry
1,546 Posts
I tapped a Subaru once.... I thought she was going to be like every American driver and do a rolling stop at a stop sign, but no, she stopped fully.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I hit a concrete wall in a 1994 Geo Tracker (POS)

Well, I wasn't in a car when this happened but I was racing my bike with my friends so I turn back to look at them and ran into a parked car as soon as I looked back.:eek:: I was going fast downhill too.

·
93 Z24 and 78 Bronco
1993 z24
4,025 Posts
a bunch of rabbits, they're everywhere around my parents house

had to slow right down on the hwy to avoid hitting a moose, a couple times

and when i was 17, after doing donuts in an icy parking lot i rear ended my friend at under 5kph

·
Know God. Work Hard.
4Runner
2,194 Posts
epborden said:
No, I actually haven't.

I am however paying for all the mistakes the previous owner made.

Life. :rolleyes:
Was teh car given to you as a gift and your paying off the tickets? Or are you repairing the dmg left from the previous owner?

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
When I was still learning how to drive, I smacked a raccoon real bad in my dad's Lincoln. It was like shooting off a tall speedbump at 45 mph. There was no damage to the car, fortunately, but the poor thing was pancaked when I went by it the next day. Then there was the time, in my old Camry, that I misjudged whether the lady in the Windstar in front of me was going to turn or not- she stopped- ouchie! She was cool about it even though she only had the van for 2 months- I could have been:eek:wnedsmas really bad that time

Then I had the same problem Silver_Cartel did, also with the old Cam, where someone actually STOPPED at a stop sign. Wasn't even going 5 mph when I hit him, though, and the only damage was done when my license plate fasteners left small indents in his bumper. He was being a dick about it, but we managed to keep him from going through insurnace.

Steve

·
Camry Freak
Camry & Accord
2,341 Posts
Eh, I hit a guy on a bike who went against a red light. luckily, I was slowing to make a right turn, so I wasn't going very fast at all. The guy just got up and drove away before I could even get out and ask if he was okay.

I also was rear ended while sitting at a red light last year. I needed a new bumper, due to a broken clip underneath, and the spare tire well had to be bent back into place. Her grill emblem left a Chrysler logo branded into my paint, so I had to live with a Chrysler emblem on my beloved Camry for a week or so.

Her little Plymouth Sundance was totaled. ha ha ha.

Other than that, I've been pretty lucky.

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,959 Posts
hmmm? i rear ended an explorer comming from a light the car slid into his bumper my car 98 altima had 2.5grand worth of dammage the explorer had a scratch on the metal bumper

slid side way in my 80 celica into a sidewalk after some one tapped me from behind in the rain

spun my 97 corolla on i 95 doing 80 and crashed into 3 trees (the tread on the rear left tire came off)

rolled my 85 accord into another car at a stop light ( no damge done)

i'm just waiting for my next one:lol: :eek: :confused: :confused:

·
Not so noob anymore
130 Posts
5-6 years ago, I got hit by idiots turning left in downtown toronto. Happened about 2 weeks apart literally a block away from each other. The 2nd one did my car in good and the car was in the auto shop for 2 weeks. They gave me a new Mazda 326 to drive. That was fun to drive.

3-4 years ago, got rear-ended by some chick on the 410 as my car was stopped in bumper to bumper traffic. I have no idea why she didn't stop, but she was balling her eyes out. I still used her insurance to pay for my repairs to my bumper.

Last year rear-ended a Mazda MPV. It was like hitting a brick wall, even though I was only going 5KM/H. (The guy had went 3/4 of the way around the corner but then decided not to go, yes still my fault). No damage to either.

6 mos ago - backed out of the parking spot at work, at night, no lights around. Ripped the hangers off the muffler, bent the piping and muffler and had to replace most of it.

·
93 Z24 and 78 Bronco
1993 z24
4,025 Posts
oh yeah, i got rear ended twice, both times i wasn't driving (too drunk)

no dammage though

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
2,727 Posts
i've been in a few accidents...without my car.

i've been in three with my car...one was real minor, the driver of the other car(newb as of that day) ran me off the road into the grass slowly by merging into me at like 15 MPH.

the other two...both involved a driver in front of me on her cellphone. first of these two, my brakes were bad and i was on my way to get them fixed, when someone ran the red 5 cars in front of me. i ended up being in the second accident...the first happened when the person directly behind that pussywrinkle slammed on HIS brakes, and the person behind him slammed into him. i hit the truck in front of me...and my 94 corolla was way too low to see the traffic light around a Dodge Ram quad cab that was raised like 4464986534687 million feet in the air. i think i'd have been better off trying to go under her. the best part is it was a hit and run...i hit her, she ran. :lol: i didn't get charged by the cops. she even gave me bad info.

the second bad one was the EXACT SAME situation...but on a different road, and with a different truck in front of me. this time, however, i was the one who got hurt(nobody was hurt in the last one). airbags hurt, mmkay?

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
i hit a rabbit....or some small furry creature doing about 160km/hr on the hwy....saw it come onto the road....aimed straight for it cuz i wasn't about to swerve and risk killing me and my buddies....took out a fog light in my friends brand new BMW and it loosened some of the under body plastic.....all i remember was saying.....what the fuck is that....n hearing a thump as i ran over it......

another time....almost hit a deer in my friends civic...middle of winter.....cruising along in the middle of the nite heading home from hamilton.....a deer decides to cross the road at almost the same time we approached....thank god it got out of the way fast enough.....came so close to nailing it.....would prolly not be here writing this if i had hit it......

·
Know God. Work Hard.
4Runner
2,194 Posts
^damn Q, slow down. Especially when you got so many people in your car.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts