Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Toyotus maniacus
89'toy 2 wd pickup
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah..I 've travelled all over the Southwest and Eastcoast and I see the same thing. Trucks with Mexican plates hauling down 89-95 Toyota trucks down to Mexico. Kind of sucks, even though I probabaly can't buy all of them, I should think about looking for one more good one before they are all gone. I guess they are buying them off Craigslist or Newspaper ads.

·
Bring On The MUD!!!!!
'83 Pickup SR5
2,334 Posts
probably a bunch of drug dealers gettin them to run through the desert. all the messicans buyin our pee-cups

Cam

·
Wicked Clown Juggalo
389 Posts
Actually you see a lot of salvage and junk title trucks of all brands going down to Mexico. At work we have a dealers license and go to the auctions including the insurance auctions and most of the the pickups and SUV's with non rebuildable junk titles get bought up by people shipping them down to Mexico. I guess they don't enforce the laws or have any laws as to what they allow on the road.

·
Puff Puff Pass
451 Posts
Not trying to be funny, but I honestly have at least one offer a month from mexicans trying to buy my truck. I have been offered fairly crazy money too. Mexicans love these trucks.

·
Registered
380 Posts
This has been going on for years here in the Southwest. It's just not the 89-95's They like the pre 89 trucks too. A guy that I know has taken 3-4 of them to Mexico over the years. He brings them to his family down there.

I only wish that the illegals would stay with the trucks & not return!!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Not trying to be funny, but I honestly have at least one offer a month from mexicans trying to buy my truck. I have been offered fairly crazy money too. Mexicans love these trucks.
Next time you have an offer send them down here to me. I got a goodun I'll sell em for about $10,000. It want bother me to take their drug money if they're willing to part with it. :deal:

·
Toyotus maniacus
89'toy 2 wd pickup
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I only wish that the illegals would stay with the trucks & not return!!!
Are YOU gonna pick the lettuce? They work- I'd wish that all the loafers drawing welfare be forced to pick lettuce before I blame some poor messican for comeoing over here and actually doing a job noone esle is willing to do for the money cause they rather lay on their fat lazy asses. Im not blameing the mentally ill ones..god knows we have enuf of those, but alot of those so called 'crazy' welfare fucks could pick some damn lettuce or something. Not saying some genuinly bad schizo people dont need welfare , but alot of the others are very able bodied. The whole system ( medical/lawyeres) feeds off their asses , so I doubt things will change. Just don't make the illigal a scapegoat cause he wouldnt be here if others werer willing to do the jobs instead of just lay back feed upon the fat of the system.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door
!"

Where does it say, "No friggin Mexicans allowed!!!"? All of my family came from Europe. Some were "Illegal immigrants". All were productive citizens of the United States of America by the time they died. Those of us that still live are also citizens with the rights and responsibilities contained therein.

I would rather see these trucks go to Mexico to be used than packed off to china like all the rest of our metal scrap as been since the Clinton's were in power...

·
Registered
24 Posts
It doesn't say no friggin mexicans allowed, it says no friggin "illegal" mexicans allowed or any other illegal. No one who comes into this country illegally should have the honor of having US citizenship bestowed upon them. We are a nation of laws and the "where it says" it is in our immigration laws. People who break those laws are not only illegal, they are also criminals and should be returned to wherever they came from be it mexico or europe.

·
Toyotus maniacus
89'toy 2 wd pickup
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Anyway..er..about the trucks.,.. :D

·
Registered
89 p'up
849 Posts
Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door
!"

Where does it say, "No friggin Mexicans allowed!!!"? All of my family came from Europe. Some were "Illegal immigrants". All were productive citizens of the United States of America by the time they died. Those of us that still live are also citizens with the rights and responsibilities contained therein.

I would rather see these trucks go to Mexico to be used than packed off to china like all the rest of our metal scrap as been since the Clinton's were in power...
how quickly we can become passive, jaded, ignorant, and pompous.

thank you sir, for adjusting the focus. nice post.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Technically speaking, we are all illegal aliens. Anyone who is not full-blooded American Indian is an illegal alien. We came over, stole the land from the people who lived here and then, note THEN, made the laws denoting what was ok and what was not.

So, with your own logic, when are you going to climb back on the boat??? At least the Mexicans have some amount of Aztec and other Indian blood in them which makes them native to this hemispere...

It doesn't say no friggin mexicans allowed, it says no friggin "illegal" mexicans allowed or any other illegal. No one who comes into this country illegally should have the honor of having US citizenship bestowed upon them. We are a nation of laws and the "where it says" it is in our immigration laws. People who break those laws are not only illegal, they are also criminals and should be returned to wherever they came from be it mexico or europe.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Technically speaking, we are all illegal aliens. Anyone who is not full-blooded American Indian is an illegal alien. We came over, stole the land from the people who lived here and then, note THEN, made the laws denoting what was ok and what was not.

So, with your own logic, when are you going to climb back on the boat??? At least the Mexicans have some amount of Aztec and other Indian blood in them which makes them native to this hemispere...
That's right! Get off my land!

I'm currently working on getting tribal status. Hopefully it will work out. ;)

There was someone here before the native americans and someone was here before whoever that was etc etc.

I have an uncle by marriage who is Mexican. His dad came over and did time in the military to gain his citizenship. My uncle has been in the military and his brother has been in the border patrol and DHS. Mexicans that immigrated legally loathe those who are trying to skirt the system.

Keep in mind that the illegal immigration isn't the problem- it's the free healthcare our ERs are providing for 12 MILLION illegals. Not to mention things like unlicensed illegals getting into accidents with and causing damage all the while they don't have any insurance (happened to an inlaw). So now we're paying for their healthcare and carrying extra insurance for uninsured motorists.

So how do we fix it? Take away the attraction. Make all welfare recipients work the jobs that the Mexicans are coming over for. If necessary, increase the costs of the goods produced and pay the workers more.

We as a country have been living in an artificially deflated economy since we started importing cheap goods from communist China and growing food with cheap and illegal labor from Mexico.

Mexicans for the most part are just like us. They want a better life for their kids, a solid job and a reliable Yota pickup to get them around. The vaccum our entitlement society created is one of the main reasons we have the illegal immigration problem. The other half of the coin is corruption in Mexico. Maybe we should just annex Mexico and get it over with?

·
Registered
90 Toyota Pickup 4WD
168 Posts
Are YOU gonna pick the lettuce? They work- I'd wish that all the loafers drawing welfare be forced to pick lettuce before I blame some poor messican for comeoing over here and actually doing a job noone esle is willing to do for the money cause they rather lay on their fat lazy asses. Im not blameing the mentally ill ones..god knows we have enuf of those, but alot of those so called 'crazy' welfare fucks could pick some damn lettuce or something. Not saying some genuinly bad schizo people dont need welfare , but alot of the others are very able bodied. The whole system ( medical/lawyeres) feeds off their asses , so I doubt things will change. Just don't make the illigal a scapegoat cause he wouldnt be here if others werer willing to do the jobs instead of just lay back feed upon the fat of the system.
They are criminals if they do not go through the proper channels. It is not fair to the true immigrants that are trying to come in legally. If they do not come here legally, they are Illegal Aliens. (Criminals) Period.

·
Registered
90 Toyota Pickup 4WD
168 Posts

So, you are telling me that there was no one else here before the Indians?
Technically speaking, we have no idea who was here first. So we will just keep the laws we have until it collapses like it did on the Romans.
then the next illegals can take over.

·
Registered
151 Posts
So, you are telling me that there was no one else here before the Indians?
Technically speaking, we have no idea who was here first. So we will just keep the laws we have until it collapses like it did on the Romans.
then the next illegals can take over.

Actually, the archeological record does not support the assertion that there were others here before the indians. What it does support, however, is that the people who eventually became what we know as the American Indians actually came over across the Bering strait and migrated south.

As for it collapsing, well, you can rest assured that if we continue down the path of borrowing from the future that our leaders have been doing since the depression, we can and will collapse. So be careful what you wish for...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts