Toyota Nation Forum banner

Having One Mechanic

2K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  REN69 
#1 ·
Ok, so my friend and car mechanic who always works on my dad's car and mine hasn't had time to look at our cars in 3 weeks. He got a new shift and works more hours at work now. What sucks is that he's the only Rotary mechanic in town, and the only one that knows how to trick out a 3TC to perfection. So this is really bad, cuz i got all my parts from 2wickedtoyz and i can't get them put on and my dad's rx-7 needs work too. Anyone else have to deal with having only 1 mechanic?

#6 ·
DarkPrince114 said:
may i add, that it wont start after my dad let my mom drive it
haha women...cant trust them with machines...btw you can hit edit and add stuff to your post...that way people wont know you forgot something

i wasnt trying to be rude or anything sorry... :D
i wud kill to have an rx-7 even if it didnt start :lol:

#7 · (Edited)
its not flooded, we tried all the unflooding rituals, it'll start but die, not smoking or anything, we think it's the fuel pump.

Edit: I had to unflood my brother's RX-7 once, took forever cause he locked the key in the car in the ON position and it flooded the hell outta that 13B. Heh, kinda cool when it started and made a huge white cloud visible in the entire neighborhood

and thanks for the editing tip stockcam93, yea, turbo 7s are nice. Only think I don't like is the really heavy gas pedal, maybe's its just that I'm used to my light corolla pedal

#8 ·
sometimes it takes an hour of cranking to unflood an engine. I'd try a few more times.

If you aren't getting fuel. Go ahead and pull the fuel line out of the side of the block, then crank it over, you should spew some fuel fuel out of the line. If no fuel, pull it before the filter, it could just be a clogged fuel filter as well, crank it see if you are getting fuel before the filter.

If no, then you have either a bad fuel pump or fuel pump relay. You can pull the cover off teh back and see if you hear it running, then track it down from there.

#12 ·
stock93cam said:
haha women...cant trust them with machines...btw you can hit edit and add stuff to your post...that way people wont know you forgot something

i wasnt trying to be rude or anything sorry... :D
i wud kill to have an rx-7 even if it didnt start :lol:
Whoa! women-cant trust them with machines? Don't you think that is a bit sterotypical? :mad: I can fix my car, my computer, and mow the lawn. And I can do it looking good too. ;)
Remember stock93cam, some chicks can do it too! ;) (I could change your oil in a bikini to prove it...)

#14 ·
stock93cam said:
haha women...cant trust them with machines...
y'know, the best person around DC for rotary motors does a lot of SCCA Autocross events...and works on STRICTLY rotories. she bakes a mean apple pie, as well.

yes, i said she. now stuff it kiddo, before you get your ass spanked by a chick in a hotrod with matching lipstick. :p:

Lauren said:
Whoa! women-cant trust them with machines? Don't you think that is a bit sterotypical? :mad: I can fix my car, my computer, and mow the lawn. And I can do it looking good too. ;)
Remember stock93cam, some chicks can do it too! ;) (I could change your oil in a bikini to prove it...)
DOWN GIRL!! he just doesn't realize we rule the world ;)

#16 ·
well, MOST chicks don't know much about cars...so i'm not surprised in the least.

i'm assuming the 7 is a manual? if it is, i give her a lot of credit for driving stick...most women won't, because they can't figure out their foot coordination.

#17 ·
nah, she learned in a stick. Driving dangerous mountain corners that even i'm scared to drive, screw up and spin off the road...ur dead. lol. and she was driving this ghetto standard car and she was still a beginner to standards. I tell her i dont know how she did it.

#19 ·
falnfenix said:
y'know, the best person around DC for rotary motors does a lot of SCCA Autocross events...and works on STRICTLY rotories. she bakes a mean apple pie, as well.

yes, i said she. now stuff it kiddo, before you get your ass spanked by a chick in a hotrod with matching lipstick. :p:

DOWN GIRL!! he just doesn't realize we rule the world ;)
Damn right! You got the matching lipstick and I got the matching manicure! Woo! :D

#22 ·
Lauren said:
You can change my oil in a bikini... oh and my car's oil too! :D

It's true though.. women are not just a pretty face anymore, but some guys still don't manage to realize this. :disappoin

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.