Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 1989 Toyota 4runner with the 22re EFI. It has approx 180k on it. I just changed out the timing cover gasket, oil pan gasket, valve cover gasket, clutch, throwout bearing, and thermostat. I made sure the timing marks were lined up as should be. Engine compression is good. approx 150 to 175 on all cyls except for number 3 which was 125. Maf checks good, Cat is not restricted, Timing is good. Fuel seems good. Vacuum lines are routed correctly. Problem is I am guttless. I have no power. I am ok in first, but as soon as I go to second on up I just feel like I am bogged down. Unless I rev the motor and clutch to the max before shifting I am flat on my face. I have pretty much run out of ideas and hoping someone here can give me some advice. and No the Ebrake is not stuck on ... hehe.

Thanks in advance

Justin

·
Registered
20 Posts
Fuel pressure seems good or is good. Timing chain hasn't jumped a tooth?
Air flow meter ok? Thats more of a stumble. I would say a fuel deliverly problem i.e filter ,weak pump or t-chain has skipped a tooth.
good luck

·
Toyota Fixer
TOYOTA
64 Posts
I would run a leak down test. Try to find out why you only have 125 PSI out of # 3. It can possibly be a chipped valve.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts