Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Camry 2002 LE 4-Cyl.
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having trouble posting a new thread...in Camry 2002 forums...
I tried mobile Android, PC Firefox, PC Chrome.
Surprised this thread got posted....

·
Administrator
Testing Vehicle Information
2,249 Posts
Hello there,

Are you encountering a blank page or 500 error when posting?
Can you trying posting the thread with 1 character in the title.
See if that goes through, if it does, you can edit the thread title afterwards.

Ed

·
Camry 2002 LE 4-Cyl.
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Changing thread title to 1 worked
Original thread title was:
"183K Camry 2002 LE going through engine oil every 2,000 miles"

Which character in the title is the culprit, or is it the title length, or...?

·
Administrator
2,249 Posts
Hello there,

We're tracking a memory overload issue on the new servers.
Basically, terms that are used a lot on the site are causing a memory overload when you try and add to it by creating a thread or editing a thread title to include the term.
The temporary workaround is to put 1 character in the thread title. After it is posted, edit the thread title.

Ed

·
ToyotaRIMD
Camry 1999,
265 Posts
I had the same issue. BMR pointed this workaround. I did post couple with 1 character title & edit as suggested here.

Please post the root cause, when you find.

Thanks for your guidance.

·
2015 4 Runner SR5
3,644 Posts
Another user reported a posting problem today, said he was getting a blank white page. I put that message up in the Moderator Talk area as I had not read this post yet.

·
Registered
1995 Corolla
65 Posts
I have the same issue posting in the 7th gen Corolla thread. I'm getting HTTP 500 error. I'm running Windows 7 and it fails on both the latest version of Chrome and Firefox. The workaround does work.

·
Premium Member
2008 Highlander Base
34,931 Posts
I have the same issue posting in the 7th gen Corolla thread. I'm getting HTTP 500 error. I'm running Windows 7 and it fails on both the latest version of Chrome and Firefox. The workaround does work.
Glad to hear it. :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
I was also having this trouble in the 9th Gen Corolla forum. Originally I was entering the title "DIY Video for Matrix Corolla Exhaust Donut Gasket Change", and was getting the HTTP 500 error.

I removed the word "change", and it was posted (if this information is any help to people who are fixing this issue). Maybe the title length was too long?

Thanks!

·
Administrator
2,249 Posts
I don't believe so. The error that is occurring is due to words common to thread titles causing the site memory to overload temporarily as it compares the title with all other examples it can find. If the same fix holds, then an increase in site available memory will repair

Kevin

1 - 20 of 35 Posts