Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've been getting the error message as well for the last couple of weeks, even just yesterday....thought it was just me not adhering to the rules.

Trying to post in the 89-95 Toyota Pickup/HiLux...using Win7 and Chrome. Don't remember the exact title I tried but something like...."93 Truck...turn signal / hazard flasher issue"

I guess I should also mention that the site failed multiple times on the Car and Truck Forums >Commerce site >For Sale> Car Parts for Sale etc.... title "WTB...Left rear tail light...93 DLX Truck"....another update....this title failed again just now....work around however did post OK

Moose responded today via PM on the work around....and thanks for that. Presumably it will work as others have mentioned. Hope the additional info helps sort out the issue.

·
Registered
32 Posts
We're tracking a memory overload issue on the new servers.
Basically, terms that are used a lot on the site are causing a memory overload when you try and add to it by creating a thread or editing a thread title to include the term.
The temporary workaround is to put 1 character in the thread title. After it is posted, edit the thread title.

Ed

I had to use this workaround to post my new thread today.

·
Administrator
Testing Vehicle Information
2,249 Posts
Niall, we admins are each getting several PMs a week on this issue. Are the techs needing to know the forums and titles to try and resolve?
Have them post in here with the exact thread title they used and we'll see if tech can find a pattern.
- Jb

·
Super Moderator
2006 Corolla XRS
5,675 Posts
Member c267267 informed me that they aren't able to create a thread in the Camry forum. Notified thru PM. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
05 Tacoma 4x4 DC LB
13,974 Posts
Here's the subject that another member tried to post in the Pre-88 Hilux forum and got the error: Barn Find (in a Garage) 1983 SR5 4X4 long bed

·
Administrator
2,249 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Camry SE
26 Posts
Posting more info to help the techs. I've been trying to make a post to the BST(https://www.toyotanation.com/forum/35-car-parts-trade-wanted-parts-free-offers/) forum with the title of "Wtb: 2018+ Camry XSE I4 exhaust parts" for the past 12 hours. Through Firefox I was just getting a white screen and through Chrome I was getting an error 500. After reading this thread I dropped the title down to "Wtb:" and it went through just fine on the first try. I'm brand new to this group, so there's a chance cookies weren't the issue. Only browsed the forums for a few hours on Firefox before trying to post it. Through Chrome, I logged into the forum for the first time to try to post the same post and got the 500 error.

Hope this info helps the tech's some.

·
Administrator
2,249 Posts
A search plugin for "similar threads" when posting new threads was overloading and causing the crash if you included a word that was commonly used in thread titles.

Kevin

21 - 35 of 35 Posts