Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I Love Priuses
1999 Toyota Camry LE
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just brought Mom to work a few minutes ago, and as soon as I turned on my headlights the "hazard" button between the two heater vents illuminated as usual, and then it stopped illuminating. I tapped it a few times, got it illuminating again, and then it stopped. I tapped it some more and I cannot seem to get the bulb to turn back on.

So here's my question: What type of bulb is it, and how easy is it to replace? Do I just remove the button, or do I have to remove a whole bunch of stuff around it? If I have to do anything other than removing the hazard switch, I'm leaving the bulb in there. I already know where the switch is at night, anyways... ;)

I got to stop bringing Mom to work. It seems though every time I do so there's a new problem with the Camry I gotta figure out. :lol:

·
Registered
2000 CAMRY CE
317 Posts
i dont really think its a big deal the button will always be in the same spot it aint going nowhere as long as ur headlights flashes on the outside its ok ;)

·
Registered
226 Posts
The switch is very easy to remove.. All you do is take a flat screwdriver on the top of the switch and it will pull out... Once out, unplug it and the bulb is a turn style bulb... The bulb is a dealer only bulb... $11 from my dealer... However, I have an extra working switch with a brand new bulb in it that you can have for $10.. Let me know if your interested.. Thanks

·
I Love Priuses
1999 Toyota Camry LE
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
newbie212 said:
The switch is very easy to remove.. All you do is take a flat screwdriver on the top of the switch and it will pull out... Once out, unplug it and the bulb is a turn style bulb... The bulb is a dealer only bulb...
Thanks for letting me know. I'm one of those people who want everything to work, even if it's something extremely minor like a burnt interior bulb. You should have seen me when the "taillight malfunction" light came on on the dashboard. I was freaking out, and nothing was wrong with the taillights. :lol:

·
Registered
226 Posts
Let me know if you want my switch.... Like I said the bulb is $11 from the dealer... You can have the whole switch with a new bulb in it for $10... Let me know.. Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts