Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm trying to get a source lined up for a group buy on 07-09 Camry LED tail lights. I would like a head count on who would be interested. Nothing is set in stone yet as I first need this head count to get the idea of how many we might need. The lights have been selling for $250 on eBay so if you want to participate you need to understand that the price could be $250 w/o shipping or less depending on if I can line up a source for them and maybe get a group discount. The problem we had at first is that the store selling them on eBay only had a few sets and only deal on eBay, no outside sales. Let me know who might be interested.

~Chris

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
*Update*

Just got off the phone with a supplier. He said they have them. I'm having him send me a picture just to verify that they are the correct ones we are looking for. He said a price would be $219.99 per set plus shipping. So please, if interested, let me know and when I get the pic I'll post it and verify they are what we want. I told him we would probably need around 5-10 sets, so lets make this happen... Thanks

-Chris

·
ASE Master Technician
2006 Lexus GS430
2,397 Posts
:Bruce:

·
2007 Camry SE V6
165 Posts
Who is the supplier? I sure wish you had posted this sooner. I bought a set on eBay last night. :disappoin

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Who is the supplier? I sure wish you had posted this sooner. I bought a set on eBay last night. :disappoin
I asked them about "Eagle Eyes" which is who Revotec and SaberSport (which are the 2 places that have been putting them on eBay) say the manufacturer of them is but the guy said he thinks that is part of KS lighting. So, he says the manufacturer is KS, this is why i'm having him send me a pic just to make sure they're the right ones.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
$219? Weren't they on eBay for around $220-$240?
Because different places will sell them for wahtever they want. This isn't the place thats been selling them on eBay, this is another automotive supplier, and with a group buy we get the better price. This is the power of going straight to the source and buying in bulk!! eBay had them for $250 plus $28 shipping= total-$278 our price with shipping should be around $250 or less (roughly)

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
Because different places will sell them for wahtever they want. This isn't the place thats been selling them on eBay, this is another automotive supplier, and with a group buy we get the better price. This is the power of going straight to the source and buying in bulk!! eBay had them for $250 plus $28 shipping= total-$278 our price with shipping should be around $250 or less (roughly)
That will depend on where they ship from and to, don't you think?

I think the point of the question was, if you can get them on Ebay for a few dollars more then what is the point of the group buy. Not saving much, it appears. At least that is my interpretation of the earlier posted question.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That will depend on where they ship from and to, don't you think?

I think the point of the question was, if you can get them on Ebay for a few dollars more then what is the point of the group buy. Not saving much, it appears. At least that is my interpretation of the earlier posted question.
The eBay auctions have a flat rate shipping cost of $28 no matter where you live bringing the total to $278, The group buy is getting them for $220 plus shipping which will be actual shipping cost which should be alot less than $28, hell, even if it was $28 that means the total would be $248 which saves you $30, you see?

·
ASE Master Technician
2006 Lexus GS430
2,397 Posts

·
Registered
'07 XLE 4 cyl.
6,123 Posts

·
Registered
07 / Camry
54 Posts
I'm in :thumbup:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
From what I'm seeing, it looks like they only charge about $8 to anywhere in the 48 states for most items except large freight item. Again, this hasn't been verified yet but thats what their shipping policy is stating so just figure around $10 maybe, so $230 shipped, you save $48 off eBay price

·
ASE Master Technician
2006 Lexus GS430
2,397 Posts
:nopics:

1 - 20 of 196 Posts