Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FIrst of all I have a 95 celica gt, great car, anyway everytime I leave my car sitting for a couple hours and I start it up smoke comes shooting out of the exhaust. My friend said my head gasket broke. If this is the problem how much do you think replacing this would cost? If you know this is not the problem please let me know what you think the problem is ASAP. It's kind of embarrasing when I go to the movies with my girl or my friends and come back to my car that smokes. LOL:D I also looked up toyotas prices for this gasget it says 60 dollars for a metal head gasget. It can be seen at http://www.poweredbytoyota.com They even have a turbo kit. Any help is appreciated thanx

·
camrys blow off too!
06 subaru wrx wagon
554 Posts
well if its just smoking after you leave it sit a few, its not a head gasket. though you will end up changing that when you get the valves done.

sounds like bad valve seals to me.

i would say a good week project if you are clueless. even then you might have to be waiting on a machine shop to replace the seals and do the valve seats up right. and when you go to pick up the head...bring gas with you. pour it in the intake and exhaust ports and make sure they seal properly. if they wont...youll notice the fuel seep through the seat.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Questions???

So everyone agrees it's not the head gasket? I need to replace the valve seals? What type of job is that and is it a diy? Or should I take it in to get it professionally done? Are these valve seals expensive and hard to find considering I have to special order all of my parts because I am all the way over here in hawaii and they don't make sh*t for my car. Anyway if anyone has any answers to these questions please reply. I need to get it fixed. By the way my radiator cracked last night :( spanking it on the freeway. Anyone know any good places to buy a new one?. Thank you all of your help is appreciated.

·
Registered
69 Posts
you might search online for a place that sells re-firbished parts. it will be much cheaper since a radiator job is pretty pricey. try searching google or something.

·
camrys blow off too!
06 subaru wrx wagon
554 Posts
call around to your local machine shops and ask them how long and how much

1 - 6 of 6 Posts