Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve got a 95 4Runner leaking coolant between the head and block. I’m going to assume it’s a gasket and not something worse, but I reckon I’ll figure it out when I get it apart.

Question is, what’s a good brand/set you’d recommend? I can find them for $50 (eBay) to $300+ (Napa) found a fel-pro kit at Napa for $225 but can be had cheaper elsewhere. Does not include head bolts though.

Obviously I would stay away from Chinese eBay specials, but someone has experience with something that works, I’m all ears. Thanks

·
Soylent Green sales
12,801 Posts
I've always found engnbldr,com to be an excellent source for 22R and 3vze engine parts. That's his speciality.

·
Toyota Collector
11,833 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great thanks for the input. I will indeed be getting the heads checked, I do whenever I pull heads. There is about 240k on the body and about 140k on the engine.

Two other questions, I did the timing belt and water pump in this thing about 6 years ago, and it’s got maybe 30k on the new belt. Would you all replace it again? I’m thinking it would be a good idea since I’m right there, that’s my typical mentality. Also, should I use new head bolts or do you typically reuse the old ones if they clean up good?

·
Soylent Green sales
12,801 Posts
My thinking to replace the TB would be the same, but you've got at least 50K mi left on it before even considering a new one, the question is will you still have the truck then?
If you plan on having it for another 50-100K mi then replace it now while you're in there.
If it's the 1st time you've pulled the heads maybe reuse the bolts. If you've pulled them before maybe it's time for new ones.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts