Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just installed a pioneer head unit, its absolutely amazing and i love it.

it hasn't done it a lot but twice today while driving around it turned off for no reason (went right back on when i put it on) but reset all my presets and audio preferences.

what could be the problem?

·
V8'sRGone
95 Cam
1,956 Posts
You wire it yourself or was there two direct fit adapter cables joined and coupled to the car?

Sounds like a bare min you lost ground or 12v power. Assuming you have it connected to 12V hot all the time, your post would indicate you lost the ground otherwise you had two failures as you lost Ignition on 12v and battery 12v for presets.

Pull out the h/u and check your grounds, splices, connectors ect. Its not worth recking stuff and only takes a minute to pull it so take a look.

·
95 Camry LEV6
230 Posts
^^^ I concur. Losing presets means that your losing ALL power to the deck. If you can pull it out and take some pictures of your install we can help. Also what harness adapter did you use?

·
Registered
97 Camry, 79 Caprice
122 Posts
yup i have the same thing with my pioneer. pain in the ass, it'll send my 4 channel amp and 2 channel amp off at different times and then go off.

·
V8'sRGone
95 Cam
1,956 Posts
3 pioneer decks all with a BAZZILION hours on them in various cars. Never problem! Check you install before you condemn the h/u.

·
Registered
56 Posts
IDK, but is it possible it may be a self-resetting breaker popping? maybe a short? anyways you def should check all connections, and everything...

·
1994 Camry V6 XLE
94 Toyota Camry XLE
260 Posts
You would have to be losing power to the unit if it is erasing all your presets. Redo the wiring and it should work.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I took it out and all the connections seem good. I used a wiring harness from crutchfield which I trust. I unplugged the harness and the radio and reconnected it all making sure it clicked. I'm gonna see what happens now and if the problem is still there I might re wire everything.

·
Registered
1998 Camry CE
2,071 Posts
Is the wire harness and HU plug soldered? or crimped? (I hope not twist and tape)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts