Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, I was wondering what your experiences are with the ebay headers on your 1992-1997 Corollas and Geo Prizms. I just bought a header off of ebay and looking forward to installing it on my 97 Geo Prizm with 1.6L 3 speed auto. The stocker cracked and I figured why not replace it with a header :naughty: !

So what are you experiences with the headers? How is the performance improvement? Did you have any issues at sm0g check time? I can't wait until I get the header on!! I wonder if the tech will notice the header? I figure that if the O2 sensor is there and working and nothing else is changed it should be same as stock, right :confused: ? In fact, it should take less effort for the motor to do its thing right -- thus lowering the emmisions :clap: .

So if you have any suggestions, please post em!!:whatwhat:

·
Premium Member
14,764 Posts
1. its cali, you wont pass visual with it, but you can try covering it with a heat sheild (save the stock ones and attach them to the new part) and crossing your fingers
2. you wont pass the smog check because its cali and you'll be eliminating the pre-cat (TWWUC). you'll also throw a check engine light if you have an O2 sensor after the precat.
3. you wont pass if your check engine light is on.

now for the good news! i have one and it seems to be very well made with nice welds, no leaks, flex section is a little raspy however.

power gains are purely at the top of the powerband, no fall off in power at 6000 rpm, much stronger pull above 3500, some loss of low end torque.

no noticable change in fuel mileage, same as it was stock.

·
Registered
108 Posts
yeah you'll feel the difference in power, any tech will know you will have a header on just by the way the car's gonna sound now. As far as passing inspection that all depends on where you go to get it, majority of place will fail you, but you can find those places that will pass you :) Every city has those places

1 - 4 of 4 Posts